oneBoro Forum
Borodane

Boro vs Swansea 0-3

Anyone heard if they're going to make this 5 subs thing permanent, or is it just til the end of the season?

Looks like we've both been let off a bit in this game. That Roberts one is one of those that could have been red.

• Thanks 1

Can we have another 3 months break after this trauma? 

• Like 3

This has only stayed at 3 because Swansea were happy to chill and take the points. We haven't layed a single glove on them.

• Sad 1

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Anyone heard if they're going to make this 5 subs thing permanent, or is it just til the end of the season?

It's because of the quick restart and to protect the players. So I would say it's temporary.

• Thanks 1

Do people still think we're not going down then?

Woodgate had shown how clueless he was before the pandemic hit. Why on Earth would he be any better afterwards?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Looks like we've both been let off a bit in this game. That Roberts one is one of those that could have been red.

I was surprised it wasn’t. Mind you, if the first half was a yellow, so was that

• Like 2

We’re really going down aren’t we? I’ve thought so since about October but it’s getting all too realistic now. We'll be stuck in league 1 for years having to look at players every week like friend, shotton, Clayton, Fry, McNair, Saville, Nmecha, Gestede, howson etc. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Do people still think we're not going down then?

Woodgate had shown how clueless he was before the pandemic hit. Why on Earth would he be any better afterwards?

The hope is that there are three teams worse. There’s about 5 teams that deserve to go down

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

We’re really going down aren’t we? I’ve thought so since about October but it’s getting all too realistic now. We'll be stuck in league 1 for years having to look at players every week like friend, shotton, Clayton, Fry, McNair, Saville, Nmecha, Gestede, howson etc. 

The only thing that will save us is Hull/Charlton being even worse than us

• Like 1

Just now, Hewie said:

The hope is that there are three teams worse. There’s about 5 teams that deserve to go down

Yeah, and we're one of them. We were always one of them. Why are people surprised?

Nah, we are down unless Woodgate gets replaced.

Warnock is the man to keep us up.

Probably the worst performance of the season, which is saying something.

Forget formations etc, we never change the way we play and that comes from one man!

• Latest Posts

• H Barnsley v Birmingham H Brentford v Rotherham H Bristol City v QPR A Coventry v Derby H Millwall v Blackburn H Norwich v Luton A Preston v Bournemouth H Reading v Sheffield Wed H Stoke v Wycombe D Swansea v Middlesbrough
    • No idea on team today due to possibility of Tav being injured. A free hit really for us. My best guess.             Bettinneli Dijksteel                    Bola          Hall Fry McNair          Howson Saville Kebano.    Bolasie.    NML
    • Funny you should say that, the latest rumours in the papers are that FIFA are wanting to introduce "robot linesman" for the World Cup next year. Not sure how well it would actually function, but linesman are being made gradually obsolete.
    • The sooner VAR is scrapped the better as far as I’m concerned, it’s absolutely ruining the flow of games, players score but have to wait until they are told the goal was allowed and the decisions are all just as contentious as those that used to be given, pre VAR. I hate the new fad for linesmen not flagging offsides, someone is going to get seriously injured playing on, when the flag should have been raised, there is barely any point having referee’s assistants any more.   I can understand the idea of VAR for clear and obvious errors, but that’s not how it’s being used, the remote ref is pretty much doing the on pitch officials jobs for them and don’t get me started on those marginal off side calls. It’s obvious to any one who has played football that the momentum of the forward will cause them to lean towards the goal, whilst conversely the defender will be leaning forwards the other way. Offside should be judged on where players feet are and nothing else and that can be done by the linesman without the need for VAR.
    • Yeah really odd, we usually lose when we are live on Sky so they are doing Swansea a massive favour.