oneBoro Forum
Borodane

Boro vs Swansea 0-3

Anyone heard if they're going to make this 5 subs thing permanent, or is it just til the end of the season?

Looks like we've both been let off a bit in this game. That Roberts one is one of those that could have been red.

• Thanks 1

Can we have another 3 months break after this trauma? 

• Like 3

This has only stayed at 3 because Swansea were happy to chill and take the points. We haven't layed a single glove on them.

• Sad 1

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Anyone heard if they're going to make this 5 subs thing permanent, or is it just til the end of the season?

It's because of the quick restart and to protect the players. So I would say it's temporary.

• Thanks 1

Do people still think we're not going down then?

Woodgate had shown how clueless he was before the pandemic hit. Why on Earth would he be any better afterwards?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Looks like we've both been let off a bit in this game. That Roberts one is one of those that could have been red.

I was surprised it wasn’t. Mind you, if the first half was a yellow, so was that

• Like 2

We’re really going down aren’t we? I’ve thought so since about October but it’s getting all too realistic now. We'll be stuck in league 1 for years having to look at players every week like friend, shotton, Clayton, Fry, McNair, Saville, Nmecha, Gestede, howson etc. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Do people still think we're not going down then?

Woodgate had shown how clueless he was before the pandemic hit. Why on Earth would he be any better afterwards?

The hope is that there are three teams worse. There’s about 5 teams that deserve to go down

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

We’re really going down aren’t we? I’ve thought so since about October but it’s getting all too realistic now. We'll be stuck in league 1 for years having to look at players every week like friend, shotton, Clayton, Fry, McNair, Saville, Nmecha, Gestede, howson etc. 

The only thing that will save us is Hull/Charlton being even worse than us

• Like 1

Just now, Hewie said:

The hope is that there are three teams worse. There’s about 5 teams that deserve to go down

Yeah, and we're one of them. We were always one of them. Why are people surprised?

Nah, we are down unless Woodgate gets replaced.

Warnock is the man to keep us up.

Probably the worst performance of the season, which is saying something.

Forget formations etc, we never change the way we play and that comes from one man!

• Latest Posts

• @TeaCider24 I am going to possibly upset you here mate by telling you I want Sunderland to come up next season. I dont want them to do well when they come up but I feel it adds a bit of extra spice to our own season if we got two games v them to look forward. 
    • @Blanco haha I never seen him play closely either. Just bits and bobs here and there.    I just posed the question as ordinarily a 23 goal target man from league below on a free I would definitely say he is worth a punt given our main focus will be a target man this summer But when that individual becomes Charlie Wyke then in my head I become less fussed.
    • I would think yes but I must confess that I have not seen him play so I would have to trust you as the recruitment team @TLF10 😂
    • I'd say absolutely. Hopefully after a failed attempt at promotion from Sunderland. But I think he's destined to sign a new contract whatever happens, it's not like they're short of money now.
    • So here is one for our fans... If i said there a 28yr old striker in league 1 with 23 goals this season, who plays as a target man and is a free transfer this summer i assume most would say “he definitely worth taking a look at”. However, if i then say that striker is our ex academy striker Charle Wyke who plays for Sunderland he suddenly becomes a less attractive proposition. So my question is this. Is Wyke worth a punt on a free?