• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

Roberts came on and looked head and shoulders above everyone else. Having to create chances for himself mind as no bugger else was that bothered. Still probably not Roberts at his best but a sign of hopefully what's to come in the final few games, hopefully enough of a spark to carry us through.

Spence did okay too after coming on, that chance when he broke through he just seemed to forget what he was doing at the last second but hey, at least he gave it a go and it's still his first season.

Some proper bad performances out there but I guess unsurprisingly, George Friend takes the *** cake. I can kind of understand why you'd opt for experience first game back but he was a liability today and nearly cost us more than just the penalty. Collectively as a defensive unit, we were completely out of sorts, nobody picking up the right positions to block the cross. If Swansea really wanted to, it would have been more but unsurprisingly at 3-0 in the first game back, they strolled through the rest of the game pretty nonchalantly.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The thing is if Gibson give abit of investment and hired Jokanovic we would be in the playoffs with this squad. Now we are facing serious threat of relagation

I think you are an excellent poster, but unfortunately I have to disagree with this post.

What makes people think that these players are any better than what the teams above us have?

Woodgate is shocking but for me so is the squad. Ageing squad with the majority coming out of contract.

Another manager would certainly have this team further up the league I don't disagree with that, but this squad isn't good enough to be anywhere near the play offs

I don't know what was worse today, the bizarre team selection which seemed to leave out some of our best players, the disjointed defending, or the players looking unfit (according to Tees). 

We've had weeks of training to prepare for this first game, theres no excuse for being less sharp than the opposition and being unorganised. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

So, is it possible that we deliberately picked a weakened side today or was that the team that Woodgate honestly believed was the best one for this game?

There’s no way any coach would deliberately Play a weakened team in the position we are in. 

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think you are an excellent poster, but unfortunately I have to disagree with this post.

What makes people think that these players are any better than what the teams above us have?

Woodgate is shocking but for me so is the squad. Ageing squad with the majority coming out of contract.

Another manager would certainly have this team further up the league I don't disagree with that, but this squad isn't good enough to be anywhere near the play offs

I am no fan of Pulis, but he took a broadly similar squad to the play-offs, and got castigated for not achieving more. I accept the players are older than they were then, but they shouldn't all have lost their legs and brains the way they seem to have.

• Like 3

We lost the game before a ball was kicked with that line up, nobody in Teesside apart from Woodgate would have picked that starting eleven. Perhaps someone with a bit of football knowledge can explain to Woodgate that Friend was finished before the season had even started, thought he was one of Swansea's best players today. I've seen some poor Boro sides but trying to think of one that actually had 3 cart horses in ( Nmecha, Gestede Fletcher ) the  squad at the same time. Swansea could have played  without a keeper and we still wouldn't have scored. Our only hope is that there are 3 sides that are just as *** as we are to give us any hope. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think there was a decision to actively save money, to allow for the club to make use of the saving down the track on ffp. We still have the quality to stay up, but we clearly didn’t invest for the next 12 months. Players like gestede who is earning a very good champo wage would get moved on, that money would be reinvested. Gibson isn’t stupid, he is gambling within the system, which you have to do

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So, is it possible that we deliberately picked a weakened side today or was that the team that Woodgate honestly believed was the best one for this game?

I'm guessing it was a mixture of what he felt was his best and fittest. If that is the case though, it's a shame most our better attacking players can't be very fit right now...

More concerned about the defence though, to be honest. Without Ayala around and for some reason no Moukoudi, we had no real defenders on the bench to even change that up. I hope come next week we have more options available there so we don't have to persist with Friend...