Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, mj south said:

I'm hoping Woodgate has used this break to his advantage, we were on an awful run, confidence rock bottom, no real playing style, tactics all over the place, so I'm hoping hes atleast decided on 1 formation and style to use in these next 9 games and sticks with it.

Watching Arsenal make the same old mistakes the other night has given me a greater conviction that we'll be every bit as cack as we were pre-lockdown. I doubt Woodgate has spent the last hundred days immersed in self-reflection, frame-by-frame analysis of previous performances and reading books about Shankly, Ferguson et al. If anything, we're likely to look even worse than we did due to rustiness, before some muscle memory kicks in among the players. For that reason, I'd play the most experienced XI we can, including Friend, Clayton and Shotton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Watching Arsenal make the same old mistakes the other night has given me a greater conviction that we'll be every bit as cack as we were pre-lockdown. I doubt Woodgate has spent the last hundred days immersed in self-reflection, frame-by-frame analysis of previous performances and reading books about Shankly, Ferguson et al. If anything, we're likely to look even worse than we did due to rustiness, before some muscle memory kicks in among the players. For that reason, I'd play the most experienced XI we can, including Friend, Clayton and Shotton.

To be honest I would play the "fittest" players we have available because sadly we can not rely on the old guard.

Being at the Charlton game I saw a team that should be able to carry on with the result they earned that day save the fact that probably this was the place and source of COVID 19 being introduced to the population of Middlesbrough!

I think we could have beaten Swansea before and now the best I can hope for is a draw because we are slow starters

Link to post
Share on other sites

                       Stojanovic

Howson  Moukodi  Shotton  Friend

                   Mcnair  Clayton

Roberts              Wing        Morrison/Johnson

                         Gestede

On 60 mins change front 4 for pace against tiring defence

Spence         Fletcher         Coulson

                  Assombalonga

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mj south said:

It would be madness to sack Woodgate if we lost the next couple of games as who do you bring in?

I'm hoping Woodgate has used this break to his advantage, we were on an awful run, confidence rock bottom, no real playing style, tactics all over the place, so I'm hoping hes atleast decided on 1 formation and style to use in these next 9 games and sticks with it.

I just hope Woodgate finally gets it right, we stay up and push on next season

That’s the weirdest reason I’ve heard for retaining a manager. No style, no results, tactics all over the place and no idea of his best formation or team. Sounds like a keeper to me as apparently there are no other managers out there.

All we’ve heard is that he’s been doing his homework on possible signings for next season, I’d rather he’d worked out how to coach the expensive squad that he’s already got. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Swansea are apparently flying up this afternoon. I didn't think that would be possible given hotels are closed or only accepting key workers?

That's not the case anymore. Hasnt been for some while now. I've been working aways staying in loads of different hotels in the last month 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd sooner a new manager wasn't tainted with any failure from this season, if Woodgate doesn't manage to turn it around.

With so many games in such a short period, I think it would be a tough ask for a new manager to have a big impact and they could end up having the stain of relegation associated with them.

I suppose it never hurt Tony Mowbray with Blackburn, but I think it fundamentally crippled Jan Siewert at Huddersfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd sooner a new manager wasn't tainted with any failure from this season, if Woodgate doesn't manage to turn it around.

With so many games in such a short period, I think it would be a tough ask for a new manager to have a big impact and they could end up having the stain of relegation associated with them.

I suppose it never hurt Tony Mowbray with Blackburn, but I think it fundamentally crippled Jan Siewert at Huddersfield.

I’d rather take a chance on a new man, I know it won’t happen, so I’m resigned to relegation. I really wish the season had been scrapped to be honest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’d rather take a chance on a new man, I know it won’t happen, so I’m resigned to relegation. I really wish the season had been scrapped to be honest. 

I am with you on this an air of foreboding contained within the anticipation of playing a very much rushed end of season.

However let us hope for a Boro win to put a smile on our faces

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's my daughter's birthday today so I won't be watching or listening to the match, I predicted a 3-0 loss half joking but honestly I see us starting slowly and if we concede first then well...we know what happens to Boro when they concede first.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it goes without saying but it's a really big game today, we've shown as a team that we are capable of going on a winning run but also capable of doing the opposite. 

My fear is that we are not fully up to speed today and get beat which could lead to a real struggle. I hope they prove me wrong. 

On the other side of the coin a couple of early wins will almost put us safe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...