• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

I think the case is, that SG want's the club to be self sustained .. He doesn't want to feed the club a load of money each season ..  wether it being in the Championship or League One - 

So there are two scenarios .. 

We stay up (by a miracle) and the club has lowered the expences and we might remain a Championship side ... 

Or...

We go down to League 1 and find our level 

It's all about bussiness .. The club must be self sustained .. The league we play in is irrelevant for this matter .. 

The trouble is if we do go down and Covid is still affecting things, it could be a real struggle for division 1 to start up again next season, many clubs just can’t afford to play to empty stadiums, so without tv rights, a lot could go to the wall. 

• Like 2
On 6/21/2020 at 5:51 PM, DurhamRed said:

Yep's I believe this season was a gamble by Gibson on saving money and letting our high earners leave this summer then restart building a team. The issues are can we stay up and do you really trust Woodgate to recruit players that will build a squad fit for promotion in the next 2-3 seasons? 

Quite frankly I wouldn't trust Woody to manage a Subbuteo team. 😕

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

The club will never be able to sustain itself. No chance

Not unless we drop down to non-league and ground share with Billingham Synthonia or something. 

• Like 1
On 6/22/2020 at 10:42 AM, Duvel said:

Yeah I thought the same. It was the equivalent of picking a player for the first game of the season because he played ok in the last game of the previous season because the gap was so long. 

Woodgate doesn't really need  to explain anything because it was so clear that he got things wrong. 

Let's see if I end up being right!

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Quite frankly I wouldn't trust Woody to manage a Subbuteo team. 😕

Hey, my brothers-in-law are champion Subbuteo players, it takes a lot of skill and hard work to become good at it. Don't compare Woodgate to them! 😄

• Haha 1