oneBoro Forum

Woodgate Gone. Warnock In

Club statement

MFC can confirm that head coach Jonathan Woodgate has been relieved of his duties with immediate effect.

Jonathan was relieved of his role on Tuesday morning and will be replaced by the experienced Neil Warnock.

Warnock will assume responsibility immediately.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Jonathan for all his work in the role of head coach

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when both tony pulis and neil warnock have manged your club within 1 year of each other, you know your clubs going through some serious ***.

Getting relegated to League 1 would've been pretty embarrassing too

Posted Images

Interesting that the club have not specified how long Warnock is here for. I sincerely hope it is not longer than is needed to be.

I wonder what the ramifications are from letting him go, too. How will Robbie Keane respond? Does that mean he's gonna go too? I would guess Leo is Boro through and through right now and Coyne is probably just happy to be in a job in a club that's currently this high up the league system.

The idea of keeping him around feels weird too. Anywhere but the first team and it's a massive demotion. Anywhere in the first team and he's gonna look incredibly undermined. I'm guessing he's currently in the same situation as Steve Agnew was before he got to join Bruce at Wednesday again.

I'm surprised. But glad to see the back of Woodgate. His supposed attacking philosophy went out the window after the first game (which was quite a high intensity exciting performance against luton)  and we went from having a solid defence under Karanka and pulis with a blunt attack. To having neither...

Hopefully warnock will keep us up and we can get a decent manager in in the summer (or autumn?) to take us forward.

• Like 1

I will always have respect for Woody as a player but he's no good as a manager and he had to go. I'm happy with Warnock's appointment, he's a decent manager with plenty of experience. I just hope it's not too late for us to be saved.

• Like 1

Glad someone grew a spine, there's no way Warnock relegates us that's all I care about letting him rebuild the squad in the summer will probably mean some older signings but listen he's an improvement on the pub team manager we had so for that I am happy.

Woodgate will go down in the annals of Boro history as one of if not the worst manager we've ever had in the leagues of Bobby Murdoch I wish he was sacked in February but hopefully Warnock keeps us up I'm right behind him I don't want to see us slip into League 1 because we let Jonny Woodgate play make a wish with our football club.

Just hope Woodgate's Leeds United persona doesn't come to the fore. That is, 'It's not my fault'. Don't try to blame A and E (anybody and everybody) mate, even if it means admitting you just weren't rrady yet.