oneBoro Forum

Woodgate Gone. Warnock In

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Hahaha, what a *** shambles 😡

As I said when we were linked with Warnock earlier this season: promising a new direction for the club which involved attacking football, only to hire Warnock before our first season under this new direction had finished, is pretty embarrassing 

• Like 2
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when both tony pulis and neil warnock have manged your club within 1 year of each other, you know your clubs going through some serious ***.

Getting relegated to League 1 would've been pretty embarrassing too

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

As I said when we were linked with Warnock earlier this season: promising a new direction for the club which involved attacking football, only to hire Warnock before our first season under this new direction had finished, is pretty embarrassing 

• Like 7

I just feel an overwhelming sense of relief. After Saturday I couldn’t see us staying up. We have hope now. If we stay up, all the high earners gone, time for a massive rebuild. Woodgate just wouldn’t have been able to do it. Feels like we need to get these 8 games done then yet another rethink. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Will said:

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong, I back the appointment given the circumstances. When you step back and assess what is actually happening, it’s still a shambles

• Like 2

Well, that's a surprise.  No idea why he was given the Swansea game though, that's just stupid.  Could have had a few weeks of Warnock to drill some sense in to this defense.

• Like 2

Warnock's got an ego on him he wouldn't be coming to manage a team with the facilities/stadium/PL history we have for just 8 games if he keeps us up there's no doubt in my mind he'd be here next season overseeing the exit of Britt etc in the summer replacing them with hopefully not 30 year old journeymen but you look at the strikers we've been linked with this season Cosgrove/Taylor/Toney they'd probably all suit Warnock so might be best reserving judgement on what he'd do with our squad until July. He has been linked with alot of our players in the past the problem for him will come in the summer when the out of contracts walk and we have to cash in on Britt and maybe Fletcher it'd be a mammoth task for Warnock but also an almost clean slate to recruit from even if he uses lower leagues/freebies.

I'll give him a chance and a summer window myself and I haven't known him for 20+ years that Gibson has so I imagine he's probably going to be given a shot at rebuilding the team to challenge again in the summer still amazes me what he did at Cardiff I aint going to doubt what he can do I thought Cardiff's promotion squad was bang average yet they romped through the league dismantling teams week after week.

• Like 2

I knew he was out as soon as I saw the gate numbers against Swansea. 🤣

I am so happy but typical Gibson may well have waited to long,he should have made the change 2 months ago so Warnock could have looked at some of the problems in the lockdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, ManBearPig said:

Is there previous beef? Or do they get on well?

Ooo Warnock transfer listed him while at Leeds! Hopefully he ha matured since aged 23 and is more useful to a Warnock team. I mean he ha gone on to be a better player since then so I’d imagine he would feature?