• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when both tony pulis and neil warnock have manged your club within 1 year of each other, you know your clubs going through some serious ***.

Getting relegated to League 1 would've been pretty embarrassing too

Posted Images

It'll be interesting to see if Warnock can get some decent performances out of the players. Not expecting miracles but hopefully we will at least start looking like a football team. 

Speaking to talkSPORT in his first interview since being appointed, the 71-year-old confirmed Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson will be on his coaching team.

The Yorkshireman says he's not looking beyond the end of the season as things stand, insisting his focus is only on keeping Boro in the Championship.

Asked about Woodgate's future, Warnock said: "I have not spoken to Steve. I'm speaking to him in half an hour, I don't know the ins and outs. He asked me to come up and asked if I would help until end of season.

"Jonathan will have learnt an awful lot. He's a sensible lad and he'll have learnt a lot, that's how you get your experience."

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

surely Woodgate ain't coming back as manager any time soon

Teaboy or orange cutter for half times.

He should excel at that and the only way is up afterwards, possibly a budding England manager of the future.

You only have to look at Gareth to see the possibilities.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

Ooo Warnock transfer listed him while at Leeds! Hopefully he ha matured since aged 23 and is more useful to a Warnock team. I mean he ha gone on to be a better player since then so I’d imagine he would feature?

Hopefully not, he’s awful

jonathanwoodgate39

Today was a day that I hoped would never come, but I’ve been in football long enough to know that these things happen. To be given the chance to manage my hometown club - the club that I love - is something I will never forget and I will always be grateful to Steve Gibson for the opportunity. There is no one more disappointed than me at how things have gone, and believe me, there hasn’t been one moment when I’ve ever stopped thinking about the job and how to improve and make things better. I’d like to thank the players for their efforts, in very difficult circumstances at times, and I’d like to thank all the staff at the football club, many of who will remain good friends. I’d like to thank the fans for your backing. I know it hasn’t been easy for you, but the support you have shown and the backing you have given is something I will never forget, and has meant so much to me. I’d also like to wish Neil Warnock every success. I’ll always be a Boro fan, it’s my football club, and I hope Neil and the players can finish the job this season and keep the club in the Championship. I have every belief that will happen. Thank you

• Like 7

I’d have he more like respect for Woodgate if he had walked and held his hands up before being asked to step aside.
I don’t begrudge him accepting the job he should never have been offered in the first place. That lies with Gibson. 
I hope he cuts his teeth in management, just not with boro and I hope he finds success and learns from his boro experience.  

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, macapes said:

jonathanwoodgate39

Today was a day that I hoped would never come, but I’ve been in football long enough to know that these things happen. To be given the chance to manage my hometown club - the club that I love - is something I will never forget and I will always be grateful to Steve Gibson for the opportunity. There is no one more disappointed than me at how things have gone, and believe me, there hasn’t been one moment when I’ve ever stopped thinking about the job and how to improve and make things better. I’d like to thank the players for their efforts, in very difficult circumstances at times, and I’d like to thank all the staff at the football club, many of who will remain good friends. I’d like to thank the fans for your backing. I know it hasn’t been easy for you, but the support you have shown and the backing you have given is something I will never forget, and has meant so much to me. I’d also like to wish Neil Warnock every success. I’ll always be a Boro fan, it’s my football club, and I hope Neil and the players can finish the job this season and keep the club in the Championship. I have every belief that will happen. Thank you

I've never been a fan of his but he's been completely stitched up by Gibson. 

Saying that he's probably been paid more for 9 months of failure than most of us get paid in years of work so I don't feel too sorry for him. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, northern boro said:

Time to bring out one of Neil's famous Boll0ckings

feels like a mix between Mike Bassett and David Brent- was waiting  at the end for it to say the team went on to lose 15-0

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

feels like a mix between Mike Bassett and David Brent- was waiting  at the end for it to say the team went on to lose 15-0

I was just going to post that it reminded me of the Mike Bassett game where they all got really pumped up and motivated and the next scene was them trudging back in having been thrashed haha

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, macapes said:

jonathanwoodgate39

I think it's important that people realise that Woody was thrown under the bus by Gibson as well. 

We all agree it wasn't the right appointment but Gibson has made constant mistakes since the Southgate appointment and more blame should be pointed his way.

I have no faith in Gibson to make any modern day football decisions, and this just highlights the fact we need a experienced DOF to help make those day to day football decisions.

The club is rotten and needs a complete overhaul from bottom to top.

Hopefully we survive relegation and then then in the break there is no better opportunity with the out of contract players leaving.

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Hopefully we survive relegation and then then in the break there is no better opportunity with the out of contract players leaving.

Isn’t the summer break shortened this year? So we’ll have to move quickly.. not something we’re known for. Remember Monk being appointed as preseason started instead of a month earlier?

I think Lurker said that Gibson is prepared to spend a bit of money in the summer. Massive rebuild job required, with so many high earners gone, but a massive opportunity for someone as well. Nervous thinking about the summer let alone the next 8 matches. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, northern boro said:

Time to bring out one of Neil's famous Boll0ckings

I think if he tried that now, he might have a heart attack! 

Especially considering our players have deserved the hairdryer treatment more often than not.

4 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I think Lurker said that Gibson is prepared to spend a bit of money in the summer. Massive rebuild job required, with so many high earners gone, but a massive opportunity for someone as well. Nervous thinking about the summer let alone the next 8 matches. 

I think if we stay up I am not too worried about recruitment as the impact of Cornoavirus will mean the values of players will of dropped so we should be able to compete better in the transfer market this summer

• Like 2