oneBoro Forum

Woodgate Gone. Warnock In

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I think if we stay up I am not too worried about recruitment as the impact of Cornoavirus will mean the values of players will of dropped so we should be able to compete better in the transfer market this summer

This same problem will affect everyone, I don't see how it's us being better off than others personally.

Besides, it's not like we have a recent history of spending money well when we do have it, I've no idea why that would change now.

• Like 3
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when both tony pulis and neil warnock have manged your club within 1 year of each other, you know your clubs going through some serious ***.

Getting relegated to League 1 would've been pretty embarrassing too

Posted Images

2 hours ago, northern boro said:

Time to bring out one of Neil's famous Boll0ckings

I don't even think this was too bad, I've seen a lot worse in dressing rooms! 

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

I don't even think this was too bad, I've seen a lot worse in dressing rooms! 

Yeah I have been in a dressing room where a manager has punched a player twice in the face at half time and then at full time player punched the gaffer. Very weird

• Wow 2
14 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I think if we stay up I am not too worried about recruitment as the impact of Cornoavirus will mean the values of players will of dropped so we should be able to compete better in the transfer market this summer

I'm not so sure.

Clubs' abilities to pay big transfer fees is certainly diminished. They may see that as a way of hanging on to valued players (keeping valuations high).

Of course, if they want to offload players, they will likely sell them very cheaply, or let them go for free.

Given that funds are going to be in short supply across all the leagues (except the PL) I wouldn't be surprised if many clubs are pretty inactive in the transfer market. Unless they're like Boro and have a bunch of high earners leaving for free, as well as journeymen players they want to get rid of.

Selling cheaply means they won't have much to spend on new players - unless their owners are willing to pour new money into the club.

It's all good and well giving a bollocking too but they still didn't get anything out of the game. I hope he doesn't come into half-time with us losing 2-0 and tell our team not to bother trying to win the game.

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This same problem will affect everyone, I don't see how it's us being better off than others personally.

Besides, it's not like we have a recent history of spending money well when we do have it, I've no idea why that would change now.

Yeah I was more thinking they might be higher quality players available in our price range. Obviously they will be alot of competition thought

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah I was more thinking they might be higher quality players available in our price range. Obviously they will be alot of competition thought

Still the wages to consider though, players might be cheaper but I can't see players themselves looking to take a big pay-cut so quickly.

• Like 1

The full quote from Warnock I think is pretty interesting, goes out of his way to confirm he's only here to help.

“It just came a little bit out of the blue last night, I got a phone call from Steve Gibson and they asked if I would help, really,” Warnock said, as he made his way to the club’s training ground on Tuesday afternoon.

“So that’s what I’m going to do, I’m coming up to try and help the club for a few weeks – just eight games it is.

“I’ve spent this morning driving up to meet up at the training ground, I’m meeting the players later on this afternoon.

“I’ve always had a lot of respect for Steve, so it was a no-brainer really when he asked me if I could come up and help for the rest of the season.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Part of me feels we are getting an older version of Pulis and we aint going to be pretty to watch.

Clawing sufficient points to retain status will be the goal and maybe we will be harder to beat.

Believe as others that Woody was thrown under the bus but part of me also feels that the players were not behind him and if performances suddenly improve then you do have to ask that question.

Why this was not done weeks ago?

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Yeah I have been in a dressing room where a manager has punched a player twice in the face at half time and then at full time player punched the gaffer. Very weird

Yeah I've seen punches thrown 😂

14 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

He punched himself at the end of the game?! If only Woodgate had done that a few times!

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think it's important that people realise that Woody was thrown under the bus by Gibson as well. 

We all agree it wasn't the right appointment but Gibson has made constant mistakes since the Southgate appointment and more blame should be pointed his way.

I have no faith in Gibson to make any modern day football decisions, and this just highlights the fact we need a experienced DOF to help make those day to day football decisions.

The club is rotten and needs a complete overhaul from bottom to top.

Hopefully we survive relegation and then then in the break there is no better opportunity with the out of contract players leaving.

That’s what worries me, yes we’ve finally made the change now but god knows who we will end up with for next season if woodgate was the best option last summer. We could just as easily be back to square 1 with another terrible decision.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

That’s what worries me, yes we’ve finally made the change now but god knows who we will end up with for next season if woodgate was the best option last summer. We could just as easily be back to square 1 with another terrible decision.

God has  shown that he is not a fan of Boro for quite sometime I bet, as someone else has already said,🤥 that we get Downing as a player/manager role!

• Wow 1
Just now, Downsouth said:

God has  shown that he is not a fan of Boro for quite sometime I bet, as someone else has already said,🤥 that we get Downing as a player/manager role!

Well we all ‘joked’ about woodgate becoming manager this time last year and look how that turned out....