oneBoro Forum

Woodgate Gone. Warnock In

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Just curious

Where you happier when:

A: Pulis Left? 

B: Woodgate left? 

Shouldn't even be up to discussion for me.

Are Boro fans for real honestly.... This exactly sums up why Boro fans are a laughing stock throughout the country.

I don't pay my money to see Boro play well and get beat 2-0. I pay to watch them win at any means necessary and try to be as successful as they can be. I am not bothered about style etc, it's all about winning for me and if we play well then that's a added bonus. How can you call yourself a Boro fan if you don't want to see them win? Pulis delivered results wether you like it or not and I am sure Warnock will do the same.

Woodgate didn't deliver on results, football was shocking, couldnt motivate a team and was a complete arsehole to the press where he lied constantly.

At no time, would you see Boro get tore apart like they did against Swansea, Birmingham away and other games with Pulis in charge. Those performances were completely embarrassing. If you did then usually there would be a response the next game because they had a bollocking. 

Apart from that 6 game blip that we had, where there was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes trust me which totally effected the results, then we would of made play offs for the 2nd consecutive season even with a poorer side from the season before.

Pulis worked wonders behind the scenes to level the books and keep us competitive in getting results.

Honestly, I am not having a go at people here, but people who are saying Pulis over Woodgate for me must not go to the games or want to see OUR team be successful.

Chelsea fans hated the brand of football under Mourinho, but if you asked them who was the best manager then a high proportion would say Mourinho as he delivered results.

Rant over,

UTB! Onwards and upwards without that clown in charge 😀😀

• Like 5
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when both tony pulis and neil warnock have manged your club within 1 year of each other, you know your clubs going through some serious ***.

Getting relegated to League 1 would've been pretty embarrassing too

Posted Images

Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Are Boro fans for real honestly.... This exactly sums up why Boro fans are a laughing stock throughout the country.

I don't pay my money to see Boro play well and get beat 2-0. I pay to watch them win at any means necessary and try to be as successful as they can be. I am not bothered about style etc, it's all about winning for me and if we play well then that's a added bonus. How can you call yourself a Boro fan if you don't want to see them win? Pulis delivered results wether you like it or not and I am sure Warnock will do the same.

Woodgate didn't deliver on results, football was shocking, couldnt motivate a team and was a complete arsehole to the press where he lied constantly.

At no time, would you see Boro get tore apart like they did against Swansea, Birmingham away and other games with Pulis in charge. Those performances were completely embarrassing. If you did then usually there would be a response the next game because they had a bollocking. 

Apart from that 6 game blip that we had, where there was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes trust me which totally effected the results, then we would of made play offs for the 2nd consecutive season even with a poorer side from the season before.

Pulis worked wonders behind the scenes to level the books and keep us competitive in getting results.

Honestly, I am not having a go at people here, but people who are saying Pulis over Woodgate for me must not go to the games or want to see OUR team be successful.

Chelsea fans hated the brand of football under Mourinho, but if you asked them who was the best manager then a high proportion would say Mourinho as he delivered results.

Rant over,

I don't pay money to watch the team play with 5 centre backs and 4 central midfielders at home against a team fighting relegation either. 

Just now, Duvel said:

I don't pay money to watch the team play with 5 centre backs and 4 central midfielders at home against a team fighting relegation either. 

But come away with a 1-0 win over 2-0 loss. Shouldn't even be up for discussion for me.

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

But come away with a 1-0 win over 2-0 loss. Shouldn't even be up for discussion for me.

Yes if we were winning with those tactics but after about August/September of Pulis's last season the 10 men behind the ball routine rarely worked either. 

It's not a sensible discussion anyway, both of them were atrocious, just in completely different ways. 

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Rant over,

I am not privy to the behind the scenes stuff so it doesn’t feature in my reckoning. 
Both Pulis and Southgate failed on the pitch in equal amounts. They just had different objectives. 
I’m still of the opinion that football is an entertainment and that’s what I pay my money for. Just because I’m emotionally invested in Boro shouldn’t change that. 
obviously if you offered me 38 1-0 wins over a season I’d rip your arms off but seeing as Tony didn’t achieve his aim I can’t see him as anything other as a really bad appointment. As I do with Woodgate. 
For the record I’m pleased with the appointment of Warnock I just hope he achieves his aim

• Like 1

This idea that Pulis gave them a bollocking then they turned up again next week is entirely untrue. He oversaw the worst run of losses last season since before Steve McClaren. If he was bollocking them, then it wasn't making an ounce of difference.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

This idea that Pulis gave them a bollocking then they turned up again next week is entirely untrue. He oversaw the worst run of losses last season since before Steve McClaren. If he was bollocking them, then it wasn't making an ounce of difference.

Like I said, APART from those 6 results where there was a lot of stuff going on you never seen a Pulis team get torn apart like we have under Woodgate where it was a weekly occurrence lol. 

6 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I am not privy to the behind the scenes stuff so it doesn’t feature in my reckoning. 
Both Pulis and Southgate failed on the pitch in equal amounts. They just had different objectives. 
I’m still of the opinion that football is an entertainment and that’s what I pay my money for. Just because I’m emotionally invested in Boro shouldn’t change that. 
obviously if you offered me 38 1-0 wins over a season I’d rip your arms off but seeing as Tony didn’t achieve his aim I can’t see him as anything other as a really bad appointment. As I do with Woodgate. 
For the record I’m pleased with the appointment of Warnock I just hope he achieves his aim

Wait until Shotton is rb and Friend Lb and don't go past the half way line because Warnock doesn't want to make us open. I honestly hope I am wrong in that but I think that's exactly what's needed atm to keep us in the division.

People who are saying Spence, Coulson, Marvin, Howson at full backs in a back 4 need to understand that's why we were getting absouletely battered because they are predominately offensive players and not defensive.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Unpopular opinion but I’d rather watch us play in league 1 that watch what Pulis delivered in the championship 

Well you might yet get your wish after the car crash of a season under Woodgate, whose football has been far worse.

9 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Wait until Shotton is rb and Friend Lb and don't go past the half way line because Warnock doesn't want to make us open. I honestly hope I am wrong in that but I think that's exactly what's needed atm to keep us in the division.

People who are saying Spence, Coulson, Marvin, Howson at full backs in a back 4 need to understand that's why we were getting absouletely battered because they are predominately offensive players and not defensive.

Warnock played most Cardiff's promotion season with Joe Bennett and Lee Peltier at full-back, not exactly what I'd call defensive full-backs.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Warnock played most Cardiff's promotion season with Joe Bennett and Lee Peltier at full-back, not exactly what I'd call defensive full-backs.

Difference of opinion to me, because I see them as defensive players first and foremost over offensive players.

I always thought defensively Bennett was very good at the Boro likewise Parnaby.

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Difference of opinion to me, because I see them as defensive players first and foremost over offensive players.

I always thought defensively Bennett was very good at the Boro likewise Parnaby.

😂 Specsavers are back open for eye tests now mate

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Bennett was the one effectively in Coulson's position right now, he was never a very good defender but looked like he might have a promising future as an attacking full-back, he was pushed forward into midfield when needed with Grounds taking up left-back. I thought we made a killing managing to sell Bennett for what we did back then.