oneBoro Forum

Woodgate Gone. Warnock In

2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I don't pay my money to see Boro play well and get beat 2-0.

For the last few seasons you haven't paid money to watch us play well at all as we've hardly managed it once over that period, with either Woodgate or Pulis in charge.  It's nice that you think it's an option though 🙂

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when both tony pulis and neil warnock have manged your club within 1 year of each other, you know your clubs going through some serious ***.

Getting relegated to League 1 would've been pretty embarrassing too

Posted Images

2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Wait until Shotton is rb and Friend Lb and don't go past the half way line because Warnock doesn't want to make us open. I honestly hope I am wrong in that but I think that's exactly what's needed atm to keep us in the division.

People who are saying Spence, Coulson, Marvin, Howson at full backs in a back 4 need to understand that's why we were getting absouletely battered because they are predominately offensive players and not defensive.

I think you'll find that statistically this is actually incorrect at least with those two.  We win more points with them in the team than out of it.  I think fullback could be described as a weak area of the team but only in the sense that every area has appeared weak this season, because we've been absolutely useless for most of it.

I think a problem for Woodgate as well was that he didn't stick to his guns. 

How many games did he give the high press/attacking style? 

I know you need points but if his core beliefs were to play positive football at least give it a chance. 

I wonder whether he'll look back on his time here with regret because not only were we losing most weeks we were stinking the place out as well. I thought in the middle of one of his bad runs that if he was going to get sacked then at least go down fighting and have a go on the pitch. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I know you need points but if his core beliefs were to play positive football at least give it a chance. 

I wonder whether he'll look back on his time here with regret because not only were we losing most weeks we were stinking the place out as well. I thought in the middle of one of his bad runs that if he was going to get sacked then at least go down fighting and have a go on the pitch. 

Two, wasn't it?  Luton and then Brentford.  The third league game was away at Blackburn and we definitely didn't play it there, nor in the following games at home against Wigan and Millwall.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Two, wasn't it?  Luton and then Brentford.  The third league game was away at Blackburn and we definitely didn't play it there, nor in the following games at home against Wigan and Millwall.

Yeah that's what I thought. 

I never wanted Woodgate in charge but i actually enjoyed the Luton game. 

I suppose if you don't have the players for that style then maybe you have to fit your system around the players you have but we certainly didn't give it chance to work. 

like many others i find warnock a obnoxious personality and as was the case with pulis, a dinosaur in his football tactics, i cringed every time he was linked with us in the past and it doesnt fill me with too much pride in knowing hes my clubs manager. the strange thing is, though, it only goes to highlight how dissapointed i had become with woodgate that im actually happy with the news of the change. id describe warnock as kind of footballs PDSA . HE tend to sick amimals that for reasons of neglect, abandonment, misuse and starvation have found themselves scapping to survive and need to be brought back to a comfortable place.  normally he works wonders with these situations so we are once again in safe hands. it will be so pleasing to once again see the advantages of a side that have been coached by someone that actually knowsand understands his abilities in the role.it wont be pretty on the eye but i have a bit more hope that we canremain in the championship.Wooodgate will be remembered asa pathetic manager but its also worth realising he was a puppet to pamper gibsons ego and arrogance.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I could not agree more. For a long time I think the issue with BORO and England for that matter, was the fear of losing and they played not to get beat. Not saying you should play every game to win, but if you go out with intent to win, be positive and you will most likely get a result. 

• Like 1

I am 100% confident that we will stay up and that Warnock will get more out of the players than Woodgate. 

Part of this is what will happen on the training pitch. Warnock has vast experience, as does his coaching staff. In comparison we had Woodgate and Robbie Keane who were planning our training sessions. 

I think the players look so lost and a shadow of themselves for this reason alone. Yes, of course some will have naturally under performed, but I bet the players are looking forward to having Warnock in til the end of the season. The smiles from the first training session were telling and I bet deep down the players were probably a bit miffed that Woodgate was appointed in the first place. 

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Even with ineffectual coaching, these are still professional players (supposedly) and should have enough brains to at least get the basics right.

We're playing Swansea - not Sevilla...

Dont agree with this notion that if players start performing now it must mean they unprofessional etc. It could just mean they are being coachsd more effectively.

And this idea they should get basics right. What basics are we talking about? Being able to pass 5 yards, defend long balls etc? Well you can only do basics if you earn the right do that through shape, organisation and having the ball etc. Them things come from being sent out with a clear plan.

If you are sent out with no plan or a sh*t plan then your shape will be all over the place thus you are going to spend the 90mins chasing shadows like we did v Swansea. Therefore the opportunity to even do the basics are not there.

You can have the best players in world but if there a sh*t manager there it wont work. Look at that Loptegui or whatever he called who was at Real last season. Team full of world talent and he had them 5th or 6th.

Moral of this essay? A poor coach can make decent players look aaful. A good coach can make decent players look very good.

Conclusion: Appoint a good manager and the rest usually takes care of itself.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Dont agree with this notion that if players start performing now it must mean they unprofessional etc. It could just mean they are being coachsd more effectively.

And this idea they should get basics right. What basics are we talking about? Being able to pass 5 yards, defend long balls etc? Well you can only do basics if you earn the right do that through shape, organisation and having the ball etc. Them things come from being sent out with a clear plan.

If you are sent out with no plan or a sh*t plan then your shape will be all over the place thus you are going to spend the 90mins chasing shadows like we did v Swansea. Therefore the opportunity to even do the basics are not there.

You can have the best players in world but if there a sh*t manager there it wont work. Look at that Loptegui or whatever he called who was at Real last season. Team full of world talent and he had them 5th or 6th.

Moral of this essay? A poor coach can make decent players look aaful. A good coach can make decent players look very good.

Conclusion: Appoint a good manager and the rest usually takes care of itself.

Good post @TLF10