oneBoro Forum

Woodgate Gone. Warnock In

2 minutes ago, VikingKingAdam said:

I am a little confused, I am actually in Stockholm right now I.P Check if you would like to 195.181.166.36. I have never lived in Dubai but I often visit there to buy watches, especially Rolex as I have a great relationship with an AD and my love for their precious metal sports watches. Unfortunately I cannot choose who I support as my Dad is a fan too and that passed over to my brother and myself as we were brain washed very young! 

😂😂😂😂 definitely him 😂😂😂😂

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when both tony pulis and neil warnock have manged your club within 1 year of each other, you know your clubs going through some serious ***.

Getting relegated to League 1 would've been pretty embarrassing too

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think Vikings were more from Norway and Sweden, the genuine Scandinavian countries, than they were from Denmark 🧐

At least you didn’t mention Finland, that would have @Borodane giving out to you 😂

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think Vikings were more from Norway and Sweden, the genuine Scandinavian countries, than they were from Denmark 🧐

Norway, Sweden and Denmark as we know it didn't exist, but the Viking people came from areas that would become all three

7 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Pulis worked wonders behind the scenes to level the books and keep us competitive in getting results.

This was said ad nauseum by Gibson, the Gazette and other club mouthpieces at the time, and it's almost become accepted wisdom. But if Pulis worked such wonders, why did Woodgate only get to sign three League One players? Why has this forum been full of people all season saying we're a fiver away from having the leccy turned off? Going by everything that's been said since last August, our books sound pretty un-level, even if we're going to be in a better position next year.

Before Tony Parsimony enters Boro folklore, let's consider his signings:

Aden Flint €8 million

George Saville €7.8 million

Paddy McNair €5.6 million

Then we have the likes of Besic, Hugill, Batth and Mikel, all signed on loan but almost certainly on chunky salaries. How many of them are still here? How many of them have been missed? How many of them were worth signing in the place? The best I can say for Pulis from a financial perspective is he squandered less wedge than Monk, but that's damning with the faintest of praise.

And as for the "keep us competitive" sentiment, didn't we finish seventh with a squad which most pundits expected would go up automatically? Yes, we lost a couple of key players, but I wouldn't say missing out on the play-offs with the squad at his disposal qualifies as being competitive. His first season was reasonably competitive, until he shat the bed against Villa in the play-offs. That's where Pulis's competitiveness ended for me.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

This was said ad nauseum by Gibson, the Gazette and other club mouthpieces at the time, and it's almost become accepted wisdom. But if Pulis worked such wonders, why did Woodgate only get to sign three League One players? Why has this forum been full of people all season saying we're a fiver away from having the leccy turned off? Going by everything that's been said since last August, our books sound pretty un-level, even if we're going to be in a better position next year.

Aden Flint €8 million

Then we have the likes of Besic, Hugill, Batth and Mikel, all signed on loan but almost certainly on chunky salaries. How many of them are still here? How many of them have been missed? How many of them were worth signing in the place? The best I can say for Pulis from a financial perspective is he squandered less wedge than Monk, but that's damning with the faintest of praise.

And as for the "keep us competitive" sentiment, didn't we finish seventh with a squad which most pundits expected would go up automatically? Yes, we lost a couple of key players, but I wouldn't say missing out on the play-offs with the squad at his disposal qualifies as being competitive. His first season was reasonably competitive, until he shat the bed against Villa in the play-offs. That's where Pulis's competitiveness ended for me.

And then he had the cheek to say 7th that year was somehow more impressive.

36 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Aden Flint €8 million

Its complete nonsense. 

Pulis was in charge when Bamford, Traore and Gibson were sold. This is what balanced the books but I highly doubt that he was involved in the sales negotiations. 

It was a club line put out by the club to justify Pulis being in a job when his football was stinking the place out. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brunners said:

Norway, Sweden and Denmark as we know it didn't exist, but the Viking people came from areas that would become all three

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's a reason Viking occupied England was called the Danelaw.

🙄🙄🙄

Yeah I'm aware of all that but I can't very well tease Smogdane and Borodane by sticking to a factual account, can I?

Even in the middle of a global pandemic, there's Brunners trying to spoil my fun.  You know what the two of you are?  Killjoys.  That's what you are, total killjoys. 🖕

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's a reason Viking occupied England was called the Danelaw.

And the money (or vaulable stuff) we gave them as payment NOT to burn & pillage our towns was called Danegeld.

Guess they eventually figured it was less hassle to just extort money from us, with the threat of violence, rather than go in mob-handed.

Does that make them the original Mafia? 🤔

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

viking GIF

Tsk. You do know Viking helmets didn't have horns, right? 

I expected better from you SD. 😝

I blame those Hagar the Horrible cartoons from The Sun. 

image.thumb.png.c394a636ec33f76ad570ed54157ee2bd.png