oneBoro Forum

Woodgate Gone. Warnock In

5 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

I've got a strange feeling Woodgate will be reappointed at the end of the season, with a load of build up about how he's learnt more from Warnock and been given extra advice etc. 

Please no. 

It sounds ludicrous because no other club would do this but then you realise this is Boro 😕

• Like 3
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when both tony pulis and neil warnock have manged your club within 1 year of each other, you know your clubs going through some serious ***.

Getting relegated to League 1 would've been pretty embarrassing too

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

I've got a strange feeling Woodgate will be reappointed at the end of the season, with a load of build up about how he's learnt more from Warnock and been given extra advice etc. 

I've just been told he's staying on doing another job and that's where my mind jumped to as well 😂

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Ash said:

I've just been told he's staying on doing another job and that's where my mind jumped to as well 😂

The academy is the only feasible job. Still a blow to his pride. In all honesty I cant see even that lasting long. He will no doubt be looking elsewhere for a fresh start.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

The academy is the only feasible job. Still a blow to his pride. In all honesty I cant see even that lasting long. He will no doubt be looking elsewhere for a fresh start.

It's possible he's going to be scouting but nothing has been confirmed. I do feel a bit bad for him that it's gone so wrong but he's no good as a championship manager. Maybe he'd be better going to a lower league side if he still wants a crack at management.

• Like 1

Woodgate is tarnished as a failure. No ifs, no buts. If he has to get someone in to keep us up, he is the wrong man for the job, end of. I don’t see him coming back to manage, the fans wouldn’t accept him and I don’t think he would command any respect from the players. Has Woodgate earned his stripes? I’d think as a professional they would want to have some experience leading them. 

the only way I would want Woodgate back is if he has gone elsewhere and earned his experience that way.

We’ve been patient all year and 38 games and 9 wins says it all. We’ve scored 37 goals so questions have to be raised as to the effectiveness of Woodgates ability to train a team, and that’s without questioning his match day selection! 

Good riddance to the back room team, who let’s be honest, were not cut out for it from the get go. I don’t see him ever stepping up when Warnock goes. 

• Like 2

Gibson has form for saying in the media that he wants to keep failed (interim) managers. Mark Venus and Agnew spring to mind - exactly the same messaging around them both “well respected, have a future at the club”. Couple of months gardening leave then out. 

I just don’t know where Gibson goes from here long term. It was glaringly obvious that Woodgate needed an experienced coaching team alongside him from the start yet he went with Keane and Leo. You think Warnock might be able to look at the bigger picture and suggest a way forward but we had Pulis doing that for 2 years. What next? A DoF would be good but do you trust Gibson to pick one? This has been yet another wasted season. And that’s if we manage to even stay up. What a shambles. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Percovich and Coyne staying Kevin Blackwell coming in 

Woodgate hasn't left the club as yet just replaced as manager/head coach

Can't see him staying on though - what would he do? Reckon he will stay just long enough to clear his desk, sort any contractual stuff and he'll be gone. 

I was half-joking but still a little worried (you never know with Boro) when I said he'd be coming back as manager after Warnock leaves because I had assumed he was staying on as assistant manager but obviously I've now read that he's not!

when both tony pulis and neil warnock have manged your club within 1 year of each other, you know your clubs going through some serious ***.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
42 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Ooo Warnock transfer listed him while at Leeds! Hopefully he ha matured since aged 23 and is more useful to a Warnock team. I mean he ha gone on to be a better player since then so I’d imagine he would feature?

Watch Clayton’s celebration when he scored against Warnock’s Leeds side - is pretty funny! And yeah I was just joking, I’m sure they’ll be fine hahah

Did wWe do seem a little bit manic in our managerial appointments

Karanka* > Monk 

Monk > Pulis

Pulis > Woodgate

Woodgate > Warnock

How there can ever be hope of a thread, style of play or golden thread when we swing from one extreme to another is beyond me.

After AK and even after Pulis we needed a small evolution not complete revolution.

We should have taken the firm base we had and added to it. Instead we throw every toy away because there a new shiny one out.

Be interesting to see how things work out in the summer.

Was it Warnick that sold clayton?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

No no no we don't want our academy talent tarnished

• Like 2
  • Haha 1