oneBoro Forum

Warnock

Anyone, just anyone daft enough to come and I couldn’t  see how SG could do any worse then appointing Woodgate. Was Woodgate appointment that bad, to right it was but since when over the past decade has SG made the right decision. 
The BORO have the worst goal scoring record in the Championship by far and let’s face facts the team was fairly decent compared to a great deal of others in the league. 
I want to know WHY do BORO players always look lethargic compared to other teams, no,  seriously go back over the years and tell me a game when we looked energetic. OK it might be my perception but to me we always seem labored which seems rather confusing given the accolades heaped on our training facilities. 
Im not convinced we can save ourselves and the reason I’m saying so is because of the lack in our goal scoring ability. Should we have been creating and scoring goals but loosing because of a defensive weakness, then I would be inclined to be optimistic of our chances. But that’s not the case and I can  see just another squeaky bum end to the season, glad it’s over moment and more rhetoric before the start of next. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

Anyone, just anyone daft enough to come and I couldn’t  see how SG could do any worse then appointing Woodgate. Was Woodgate appointment that bad, to right it was but since when over the past decade has SG made the right decision. 
The BORO have the worst goal scoring record in the Championship by far and let’s face facts the team was fairly decent compared to a great deal of others in the league. 
I want to know WHY do BORO players always look lethargic compared to other teams, no,  seriously go back over the years and tell me a game when we looked energetic. OK it might be my perception but to me we always seem labored which seems rather confusing given the accolades heaped on our training facilities. 
Im not convinced we can save ourselves and the reason I’m saying so is because of the lack in our goal scoring ability. Should we have been creating and scoring goals but loosing because of a defensive weakness, then I would be inclined to be optimistic of our chances. But that’s not the case and I can  see just another squeaky bum end to the season, glad it’s over moment and more rhetoric before the start of next. 

It’s the chemicals in the air mate, the players look good at Hurworth, but as soon as they get to the Riverside they are encompassed by the heavy smog that hangs in the air and gets into their lungs.

The opposition teams only have to suffer it once a year, but having to play in those conditions once a fortnight has a detrimental effect on our players well being.

No wonder the longest serving players such as Friend, Clayton and Ayala look off the pace! 😏

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

Interesting stuff. Possibly Shotton back on the right and Gestede up top?

I wonder if he has the time to coach the defence into that system.

If using that system, to me it sounds like Fletcher up top really. Britt is not physical enough and Gestede is not mobile enough.

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

Rumours are Gestede has gone back to France?!

Karanka is the man. Shouldn't have been sacked. 

Is this rumour from FMTTM wesbite as someone mentioned it on there or you heard from elsewhere? I note from training pics club released that Rudy was in training yesterday and talking to Warnock

On 6/24/2020 at 9:01 AM, sanddancer said:

Very good point.

I've often wondered that myself. You watch some other teams and they are slick, well drilled and can ping the ball around the park with ease.

Then you look at Boro and our players seem to need several seconds to figure out where their team mates are and where to pass to (and half the time when they actually make a pass its into empty space or out of play).

Its almost like someone on the catering staff is slipping valium into their cornflakes or something.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Very good point.

I've often wondered that myself. You watch some other teams and they are slick, well drilled and can ping the ball around the park with ease.

Then you look at Boro and our players seem to need several seconds to figure out where their team mates are and where to pass to (and half the time when they actually make a pass its into empty space or out of play).

Its almost like someone on the catering staff is slipping valium into their cornflakes or something.

Maybe one of those bloody Leeds spies have infiltrated Rockliffe 🥵

• Haha 1

Hi Lads,Cardiff fan in peace.Regarding the appointment of Neil Warnock I think you have made the right choice.He'll keep you up no problem in my view and you only have to look ar Rotheram a few seasons ago where he kept them up with far less resourses than you've got. Thats what made us get him.If he gets a window in the summer it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see you promoted next season.There is a downside to his football insomuch as it won't be pretty to watch but mark my words he'll make you incredibly hard to beat.Also and perhaps more importantly is his self life is probably 2 or 3 seasons tops as other sides tend to work you out and you then become less effective.What put paid to him with us is things just got a bit stale(something he admitted to himself) so a change was necessary but he still remains almost legendary in these parts because he not only fixed the team but also fixed the club and fans which after the attempted rebrand was necessary.

Oh,one other thing.Those of you that believe in this Colin *** *** will be pleasantly surprised by his attitude.While he's at the helm he cares as much as any fan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, SmogDane said:

There is one Word for it.. 

Clueless 

Or if you were Jonathan Woodgate 

“I only have one word for that.... Not happy”

• Haha 1