Good Idea?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is This good for Boro

• Yes
    • No
    • Too Little, too late
    • Rather keep my interity rather than the points
    • There had to be better out there

Its a short term fix to allow the club breathing space to plan for a longer term future. Not an ideal appointment for the long term but for right here and now he is probably the most proven at this level at doing what is required and that is keeping us up. Importantly he was available so under the circumstances which had gone on for far too long it was the obvious choice. No doubt its a handsome 8 game contract with a bonus at the end if successful. After that there will need to be a summer of planning only this time without the spin and nonsense of last summer, as the old saying goes "if you buy cheap, you buy twice".

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, macapes said:

"Too little, too late" for me.  I mean it's good, but should have happened way earlier.  And at the very least, before the Swansea game.  If you were going to sack Woodgate, don't give him the few weeks training before the restart, let the new guy have it. 

Warnock has a hell of job on his hands, there's barely any time between games.  Have to hope for that "new manager bump", because I don't know that anyone can turn this lot around without real time to train.

Could this have happened earlier or has it only been allowed to happen since the guidelines of the lockdown have been eased for his age group?

Me and my old man can’t decide if it’s been done because of the defeat to Swansea or because it’s possible for him to mingle? I imagine it’s a combination of both?

Honestly I am so happy Woodgate has gone. Hopefully the dressing room will respond well to Warnock and react by playing well.

like we’ve said all season, we’re good enough on paper.....

7 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

What's "interity"?

(Sorry for being a pedant 🤣)

I saw that after I posted it but can’t figure out how to edit a poll. 
But cheers for being pacific 😉

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Could this have happened earlier or has it only been allowed to happen since the guidelines of the lockdown have been eased for his age group?

Me and my old man can’t decide if it’s been done because of the defeat to Swansea or because it’s possible for him to mingle? I imagine it’s a combination of both?

Honestly I am so happy Woodgate has gone. Hopefully the dressing room will respond well to Warnock and react by playing well.

like we’ve said all season, we’re good enough on paper.....

I mean, that suggests that if over 70s were under lockdown then we'd have continued with Woodgate regardless.  Scary.

But unless he was "shielding" for specific conditions, then I don't think there would have been anything to stop him attending work, given you can't really manage from home.  

1 hour ago, macapes said:

I mean, that suggests that if over 70s were under lockdown then we'd have continued with Woodgate regardless.  Scary.

But unless he was "shielding" for specific conditions, then I don't think there would have been anything to stop him attending work, given you can't really manage from home.  

Roy Hodgson is 76 and has been managing Palace during the lockdown.  The over 70s have not been shielding fully - they have still been allowed to go out for exercise and go to supermarkets and stuff like that throughout.  Those of us who were told to shield on medical grounds were only allowed out for exercise a couple of weeks ago and still aren't allowed to do food shopping or see people.  

10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Good, but too little too late I reckon.

(I guess SG really wanted Warnock but had to wait until it was safe for him to stop shielding which is why Woodgate was given the break and the Swansea game.)

I think Gibson really wanted Woodgate but shat himself after Saturday's performance and is now in full on panic mode.  If he wanted Warnock he'd have appointed him months ago, and given him time to get to know the players a bit, with time to prepare as much as possible including the 'pre-season' training we had.  That performance was so bad on Saturday that it's spooked Gibson into making a change now.

• Like 3

After Saturdays performance I was so worried and scared about the future of our club if we kept Woodgate in charge. So this had to be done in the ideal world wouldn't of wanted Warnock but hey ho these are desperate times. We now stand a much better chance of remaining a Championship club which is what this is all about. 

• Like 1