oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH

Details

Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough

Location – The Bet365 Stadium

Competition – The Championship (only just)

Date – Sat 27th June 2020

Kick off – 15:00

Introduction

A quick foreword (if only he had a quick forward...) from our new manager.

https://voca.ro/cV9kHJ2vrpW

The Last Games

Boro:

Boro 0 – 3 Swansea.

Boro were comprehensively tonked by Swansea in a desolate Riverside. The Swans had two close misses before twisting the knife and scoring three goals in the first half. Luckily, they took their webbed feet off our necks in the second half and didn’t completely ruin our goal difference.

Stoke:

Stoke 1 – 1 Reading

Stoke drew with Reading. You could probably have worked that out yourself from the scoreline though…

Form (League only - most recent last)

Boro: L

Stoke: D

The View From The Other Side

They’re all stoked to be playing the Boro…

Their views on the new gaffer https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/295117/woodgate-warnock

The Un(ger)-Official Match Preview

We may win.

Graphs.

If it’s graphs Mr Downsouth wants, it’s graphs Mr Downsouth will receive…

Graph 1. Boro v Stoke attendances in the last game. As you can see, neither Middlesbrough or Stoke are well supported teams.

1865187644_Graph1.thumb.jpg.60e24eecf2d8d71a220c129b82d60bc0.jpg

Graph 2. People’s favourite gate. In a long term study, 2053.3 Boro fans were asked what their opinions were of different types of gate over time. Wrought iron has enjoyed the most sustained spell of popularity over time – with a brief dip just after the global financial crisis for unknown reasons.

365259357_Graph2.thumb.jpg.ccf5f09a5e92723f98767951441c2689.jpg

Graph 3. With news that Woody is going to be offered a role at the club, we asked 563.8 people what job they think he would be best suited to?

1041262790_Graph3.thumb.jpg.9d123a55e1f13144acd40669e8579768.jpg

Graph 4. With virtual fans all the rage nowadays, we asked 7,793,312,996 people what fan noises they thought should be introduced to the loudspeakers during the game. In retrospect, this survey should probably have been carried out with a smaller sample size.

2033780891_Graph4.thumb.jpg.a36f42612fee20c725ee6063ad6024d9.jpg

Enjoy the game folks

• Like 9
  • Haha 6
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

Along with the news that Woody's gone (as manager, if not physically), this is the second thing that's made me smile today. I've missed BU's audio summaries. 😁

When I made some predictions (pre-lockdown) as to how our last 13 matches would go, I had this down as one of our 3 possible wins...the others being Barnsley (argh!) and Hull.

If the usual new manager clichés apply and we get some sort of bounce back, its certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

Reckon we could still get 3 points from this (remember BU goblins have magic powers!) but would be quite happy with a point.

remaining fixtures 2019_20_LI (2).jpg

Hoping for the manager bounce and wanna see this team go attack Stoke 

Pears

Spence Fry Shotton Coulson

Wing Tav

Robert's.                 Johnson

Britt Fletcher 

Great OP. Is it any coincidence our shocking form started when BU was removed from doing the threads last time. I say even a draw we keep him on.

On the game I think we will be lucky to get a draw as I think there is too little time to make drastic changes. I'm quietly confident we can do enough to stay up though with the remaining games.

We also never seem to benefit from the initial new manager winning their opening game. I think Robbo off the top of my head was the last to do so. 

The team I think will be played

Pears

Shotton

McNair

Makoudi

Friend

Spence

Clayton

Howson

Coulson

Roberts

Assombalonga

After Charlton game Warnock was on quest and said he loves wing and called Paddy a Jewel of a player. Said Rudy has his critics but did well on the day v Charlton.

I think he might go with:

Stojanovic

Shotton Fry Moukoudi Friend

Paddy Howson Wing

Robeets Britt Fletch

Hopefully we can get a draw and then a win v Hull.  

Stojanovic

Pears                      Ayala                              Shotton                   Gibson                             Hemming

Fry  

Fletcher                       Gestede                  Assombalonga        Nmecha 

Saying nowt until I see a lawyer. Now Woody has been removed there will be a bit of optimism about town but there is not much to cheer about for a club with a owner hell  bent on self-destruction. SG the sheriff can’t help but fumble a loaded gun and he either shoots himself in the foot or it backfires on him.

Why has it taken so many years to realize he was wrong, again! Can you believe the town is ecstatic to see Warnock a +70 year old as our manager, that’s how low SG has dragged down the club. 

We are a club that will judge success on surviving the drop.  I hope we do.. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

What has Warnock’s age got to do with anything? It’s a weird stick to beat him with and it’s something he can do nothing about. 

In context it’s not so much about Warnock age and more to do about SG failure.  Billy I deserve that and I’ll take that it on the chin, after all I can’t say to much about age being 63 myself. 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Stojanovic

Pears                      Ayala                              Shotton                   Gibson                             Hemming

Fry  

Fletcher                       Gestede                  Assombalonga        Nmecha 

I think you could get more goalkeepers in there if you really tried mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

What has Warnock’s age got to do with anything? It’s a weird stick to beat him with and it’s something he can do nothing about. 

I think when an ageing Bobby Robson was named Newcastle manager and his age came up he said something like "I'm going to manage them not play as centre forward" or something like that 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cant wait for this game. Cant predict the line up as think Warnock will pick whoever looks up for it and seems eager to impress. If I was him the first thing I would do is slap an arm around Britt as you would look on paper and see him as the guy that should fire us to safety. Wouldnt be suprised to see:

Stej

Howson

Shotton

Mouk

Coulson

Marv

Wing

Clayton

Mcnair

Roberts

Britt

We dont have the best defense so I think keeping it as a simple back 4 is easier than a 3.