oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

If I was to guess a Warnock XI tomorrow I'd go with

Stojanovic

Shotton          Moukoudi          Fry          Friend

Roberts          Howson          McNair      Coulson

Fletcher          Britt

Set pieces and strikers scoring goals is what Warnock needs to keep us up Roberts/McNair goals would be bonuses if they come but we need to get it wide quickly and get balls in the box and hold a compact shape when we don't have the ball.

I'm feeling optimistic and for some reason think we will for once have a new manager bounce I'll go with a 2-1 Boro win. 

Read an interview Richie Smallwood did with regards to Warnock and how he sets up his team at Rotherham, there he mainly deployed a 451 formation, concentrating on getting the ball down the wings quickly and getting crosses into the box to a target man or the midfield runners, so with that in mind I reckon the line up could be,

Stojanovic

Shotton, Moukoudi, Fry, Friend

Roberts, McNair, Howson, Saville, Coulson

Fletcher

BTW I know Gestede is more of a target man than Fletcher but I just can't bring myself to put him in the starting XI

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Friend shouldn't play he was the pick of a bad bunch last week and he's well finished, I'd definitely have Roberts in the side only player who looked like doing anything against Swansea, and personally hope Nmecha never kicks a ball again for us, absolute garbage, the reincarnation of Ricketts.  

I seem to remember Ricketts crashing his Ferrari and having loads of McDonalds in it. 

Nmecha is pure dross. Part of me thinks his loan deal has a ~must play X number of minutes~ clause, it's the only explanation for his inclusion.

Interesting to see who will be potential injury risks, my team for a 442 Warnock system would be...

stoj 

shotton Moukoudi Fry Friend

roberts howson wing coulson 

Gestede Britt 

5 changes in the game:

shotton > Spence 

Coulson > Johnson 

gestede > Fletcher 

Howson > Clayton 

Wing > Saville

the boro to win 1-2

Britt and Roberts to score 

Looking forward to the game but I'm very worried about seeing another Pulis-like performance. I hope we do go for a win here, could be massive for us. I think it's probably gonna be a draw though, going 1-1.

13 hours ago, mj south said:

Read an interview Richie Smallwood did with regards to Warnock and how he sets up his team at Rotherham, there he mainly deployed a 451 formation, concentrating on getting the ball down the wings quickly and getting crosses into the box to a target man or the midfield runners, so with that in mind I reckon the line up could be,

Stojanovic

Shotton, Moukoudi, Fry, Friend

Roberts, McNair, Howson, Saville, Coulson

Fletcher

BTW I know Gestede is more of a target man than Fletcher but I just can't bring myself to put him in the starting XI

Know what you mean but he did have our best two chances in the first half last week and maybe Warnock can get something more from him.

@wilsoncgp think we have to expect a Pulis type performance which I will accept if it gets what we need, certainly the Woodgate way was woefully worrysome!

Friend is our achilles heal now and we can not afford anymore mistakes.

Spot on comment about Roberts, so for me vital that we do score today and first.

I listened to BBC Tees in midweek and a football correspondent from South Wales gave a good lowdown on Warnock's brand of football. 

He said he likes a forward with a physical presence, someone with a long throw, he gets the team well organised defensively and his teams are good on set pieces.

Asked about a comparison with Pulis's teams he said that Warnock will be more positive, his teams usually have lots of shots on goal and although his teams are built on being well organised he likes to have a maverick in his teams as well (Taarabt/ Tomlin) someone who can do something a bit out of the ordinary. 

Reading that makes me think we might see Shotton, Wing, McNair, Tavernier and Roberts in the team. 

21 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Asked about a comparison with Pulis's teams he said that Warnock will be more positive, his teams usually have lots of shots on goal and although his teams are built on being well organised he likes to have a maverick in his teams as well (Taarabt/ Tomlin) someone who can do something a bit out of the ordinary.

If that is the case, these last eight games might actually hold some entertainment value for once! Here's hoping...

Think we might win today. Warnock will be well up for this, and he'll be desperate to start with a win.

13 hours ago, Red Rocket said:

I love George and everything he's done for the club but he's quickly becoming old yeller. 

I think you will find like many others George is disheartened by the club itself and the idea of playing  now is worthless for his future.

He did  a great job on his day ."Love the old yeller comparison by the way". 🙂