oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

No gestede on the bench. Must have not signed a contract, unless Warnock just feels like he is useless

People give Warnock a reputation like Pulis but he loves legs up front over lumps look at Paterson/Ward at Cardiff they compete but they can actually cover grass something Gestede can't do. I never saw Gestede featuring for us, he'll love Fletcher and his energy the question is can he get Britt some goals that could ultimately decide how well we do we need our 15 million pound goalscorer to dig us out of this Warnock sees that as well in my opinion.

• Like 1

Seems we all think formation will be different. I assumed it would be

Stojanovic

Howson Fry Friend

Spence Paddy Sav Marv

Roberts Britt Fletch 

• Like 1

Rudy Gestede has joined Daniel Ayala in departing the club ahead of the final games of the season.

Like Ayala, Gestede’s contract was due to expire on June 30, and as there was no commitment from the striker to sign an extension to July 20 to take in the remaining games of the season, he has left the club.

Since joining Boro in January 2016, Gestede has made 71 appearances and scored eight goals. His most recent strike came in the 2-2 draw with Nottingham Forest back in March.

Both Gestede and Ayala are both now free agents.

I assumed 4-4-2, but I can see the merits of that being a 3-5-2. Offers more support upfront and perhaps more natural to the types of full-backs we have - inc Coulson when he's back.

Sums Gestede up really. The time he’s been out injured, earning a full wage and his goals return for us has been so shocking bad, yet he can’t commit to help the team for an extra month. Good riddance. 
Makes Woodgate’s decision to play him even more ludicrous. 

• Like 2

Not the nicest of goodbyes to Ayala after leaving the club. 
This is from the website.

Rudy Gestede has joined Daniel Ayala in departing the club ahead of the final games of the season.

Like Ayala, Gestede’s contract was due to expire on June 30, and as there was no commitment from the striker to sign an extension to July 20 to take in the remaining games of the season, he has left the club.

Since joining Boro in January 2016, Gestede has made 71 appearances and scored eight goals. His most recent strike came in the 2-2 draw with Nottingham Forest back in March.

Both Gestede and Ayala are both now free agents.