oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

Given the improvement we've seen in the first 45 minutes of Warnock's reign compared to the entirety of Woodgate's tenure, I wonder how much better still this afternoon's performance might have been if he'd had the full 'pre-season' period in charge.

Yeah not only should Saville not slice that that badly, when he does that absolutely should be a penalty on Britt for me, cleaned out by the CB coming right through him. 

All in all, think Britt, Fletch & Spence have all looked very bright & Howson seems to be handling the holding role well.

A few odd reffing decisions gone against us IMO, but otherwise an okay showing.

Great first half could’ve should’ve been up 2/3 but I’ll take that so far 

Saville definitely should have done better. Still, we've been the better side and we're very much in control of the tactical battle here. Maddo has it spot on, their defence is void of pace and we're using what pace we do have to work them hard and we've got the better of them on a few occasions now. It's not pretty but so far it's been effective.

If Fletcher plays the pass across the face instead of pulling it back thats 2-0. The centre back gambled on the pull back and left Britt completely unmarked. I'm not confident in the clean sheet so we need another. 

Well, no pretence of us playing any football but I suppose you can't blame Warnock for that.  Win the ball, get the ball forward as quickly as possible down the channels and let the attackers get after it.  Not exactly sophisticated but also not a complete shambles like last week so got to be happy with that.