oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)

Just now, sackrobson2 said:

The keeper doesn’t like catching the ball does he. 

He's caught a few where he's been clattered, but he is a European goalkeeper, so he'll have grown up punching first, it's a tough habit to break.

• Like 1
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

God I hope the rest of the half isn't going to be like this. Not sure my nerves can take it.

Woeful kick into touch by Stojanovich...something else he needs to work on.

Just now, Brunners said:

He's caught a few where he's been clattered, but he is a European goalkeeper, so he'll have grown up punching first, it's a tough habit to break.

Doesnt have to be broken, top keepers know when to punch and when to catch, both are valuable skills - not sure why english football is the only league where its looked down on. I think hes made the right decision the majority of times. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Doesnt have to be broken, top keepers know when to punch and when to catch, both are valuable skills - not sure why english football is the only league where its looked down on. I think hes made the right decision the majority of times. 

I agree in general, although European goalkeepers do have more of a tendency to punch even when they could catch it. Only once have I thought Dejan punching was the wrong idea though.

Stoke definitely having the better of the half so far. They're looking like the home side now. Boro looking very reactive and a bit panicky at times. Sliding back into recent habits? 

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Stoke definitely having the better of the half so far. They're looking like the home side now. Boro looking very reactive and a bit panicky at times. Sliding back into recent habits? 

It'll take a while for Warnock to de-Woodgate-ify the team. Even so, the first half has given me confidence I haven't felt since Luton on the opening day of the season. Give Warnock a fortnight to drill the players, and we should be able to beat any bottom-half team.

• Like 1