oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

Okay now I can properly relax.

Powell off for an early Batth? 

For his first game in charge, this was a hell of a result. Still plenty to work on, but from what I was able to see the players showed a lot more commitment and desire. Showed a bit of creativity going forward and weren't afraid to express themselves.

Warnock said one of the main things he wanted to do was instill some confidence in the lads. Looks like it worked.

We weren't brilliant for large parts of the game, but Stoke were surprisingly poor, considering they were playing at home. We could have been 3-0 up at half time, with better finishing (or worse Stoke defending).

Not surprisingly the 2nd half was a lot tougher, but they still failed to find the net. Thank god Tav was able to grab a second and settle my nerves.

Shout out to Stojanovic - made some crucial saves. Looked a bit rusty at times, but so did everyone to be honest. I'm sure we will improve considerably as the players get more game time under their belts.

Thank you Neil...you worked a minor miracle today! Think its safe to say it was better than any of us dared hope for.

The seeds of our revival have been sown.

• Like 4

Get in there, great result. Took advantage of a shocking Stoke performance and really, tactically we did well and deserved it. Difficult to pick a man of the match, some decent performances in there, thought Fry, Howson, Fletch, Tav and Britt all played well. I'd give it to Britt, though.

• Like 1

Thanks Warnock for simplifying the tactics, getting selection right and working on organisation at the back, really paid off what a result. Bye having no direction, Woodgate and Gestede. 

Get in! Huge win. Not a bad performance out there today. Britt was MOTM imo, did everything well.  Worked the channels great and did the dirty work. Was a nuisance to the stoke defenders. 
Also loved it when Tav and Wing decided to take the *** for 5 minutes at the end😂

Big win that, and will now give Warnock more time to work with the squad and iron out some of the glaring mistakes we make, though I would imagine Warnock will be gutted to lose the goal scoring  prowess of rude boy Gestede.

Who would have thought 0 - 2 away. Conceded 0, scored 2. Whoa!
No come on let’s be fair, Stoke couldn’t hit a barn door from five yards, which means,  our voodoo has passed to them, now it has to be a mid table finish. OK I’m joking, but for a long time  I feel smug enough today, feels good. 
SG, why did you wait for so long when the stats and fans told you a long, long time ago, CHANGE THE MANAGER!!!!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

When's the last time a manager won his first game in charge with us? 

Must be 1994 with Bryan Robson.

Brilliant result and desperately needed.

I’m sure Mark Venus got a win 4-0 v Doncaster if I remember correctly