oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

Battled for the ball and some superb clearances and tackling, give credit were credits due George Friend certainly put a shift in. Nice to see Brit looking like he wanted to be here put himself about, wrongly penalized a few times as well.  

That's the best Dael Fry has looked in forever. I put it down to having George lead him through the game - who was also superb.

All round good performance. Exactly what I wanted to see from them. Shape, work effort and a bit drive going forward.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I actually think Warnock can complete the job in a week beat Hull and QPR 50 points job done 

Hull's huge puts us to 47 gives us 5 points breathing room and if QPR lose in the meantime if we beat them I believe we get on level points with them. 3 wins out of 7 would historically get us safety but if Warnock gets a couple of draws or 1 extra win in there we'd be guaranteed it. Our squads in better shape than alot of the ones above and below us if Warnock beats Hull we're not safe but it's a massive marker for the rest of the run in.

• Like 2

I mean wow what a difference a week makes. Brace yourselves for some rare positivity from me but my goodness we actually looked alright today! Battled for tackles, survived by the skin of our teeth a few times (shh) but hey 2-0 win and a bit of confidence about us! 

Also special mention to Powell who completely lost his head and got sent off after 2 bookings within a minute. What on earth was he thinking. Stoke as a whole seemed poor today it must be said. 

Be interesting to see what Colin can do with us after a few more weeks! 

Great win today. Good performances from Friend and Britt which was good to see. I thought Warnock managed the game very well with some smart subs at the right times. It’s definitely looking a lot rosier going on from here. UTB

Another strong performance from Saville. He’s becoming a consistent 7 or 8 out of 10 every game now. 
You don’t play international football if you aren’t a good footballer.

Also George looked better at CB. Spence could do with some coaching defensively, he’s found ball watching a few times I’ve noticed.