oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)

I love this interview clip from Warnock. After Gestede said he didn’t want to sign a contract extension, Warnock told him to clear off even before his contract expired 😂😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I love this interview clip from Warnock. After Gestede said he didn’t want to sign a contract extension, Warnock told him to clear off even before his contract expired 😂😂😂

Oh it's brutal I love it. Listen Gestede the gymnast has had kid gloves treatment for 3 years from managers the blokes never had mobility, never had much ability with his feet and for someone who made his name with his head the past year he's headed 80% off his headers off target the man brought next to nothing to us took home 30k a week most of the time he wasn't available for selection or even training due to injuries as far as send offs go, and why would we want to pay him 30k a week for another month to extend that's financial madness in itself, I quite like Neil Warnock sending him off like this.

The other out of contracts I'd resign Howson if it works but the rest can go put whatever your supposedly offering them towards a new contract for Fletcher. No ill will towards Gestede and I'm past the point of caring about money the club spends good on him for his wage but not every player is entitled to a nice sendoff some really do deserve the door slamming on them on the way out I'm glad Warnock did it our club needs someone like him talking to some of these players.

• Like 4

Before we all get carried away, remember our 1st game against Luton with Woody in charge and how well we played. Looked somewhat promising and we known how that turned out. 1 game up and a grateful win, however still 7 to go. Great signs of possible improvements though  

Great result, I'm not really concerned about the style of the football at the moment because we are just desperate for points  

I fancy us to pick up points in the next 2 games as well which might get us close to safety (all being well). 

Brilliant result, good (not great) performance. Not out of the woods yet, but Warnock is a doing the right things. The Gestede call is part of setting the tone. No more freeloading, no expensive players who think they are better than the club, you work for 90mins minimum. Pick players on merit and effort. I think the club needs a season of this to fix the culture. I personally can’t stand Warnock, the excuses, railing at refs and sarcasm. However, he is vital to sorting the mess that has been allowed to fester imho - no bullshit, restore a bit of pride. Would be happy to have another year of him.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Before we all get carried away, remember our 1st game against Luton with Woody in charge and how well we played. Looked somewhat promising and we known how that turned out. 1 game up and a grateful win, however still 7 to go. Great signs of possible improvements though  

We didn't look at all promising IMO and I voiced it at the time. We were absolutely wide open and had no real pattern of play other than pressing onto a poor Luton back line a little recklessly. There was massive alarm bells going off after that game for some others on here aswell as me. As plenty of others have alluded to, Woodgate was completely out of his depth and his 'Boro lad' enthusiasm was never going to cut it. 

As you say though, clear improvements today and 7 to go. 2 more wins and a draw will do it. All the better if one of the wins comes against Hull. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Great result, I'm not really concerned about the style of the football at the moment because we are just desperate for points  

I fancy us to pick up points in the next 2 games as well which might get us close to safety (all being well). 

I agree but actually the style of play from the evidence of today actually wasn't that bad, if that was to go on for a season I personally could live with that if it was getting results. Quick direct football with loads of good crosses from out wide, that by no means Pulis football style. Honestly if he keeps us up and performances continue to improve (big if I know) go for him as manager because hes bound to find loads of players that are not over priced but decent players to add to the squad. 

If Warnock refuses to stay past the end of the season, perhaps say no matter who comes in next we are not getting rid of his assistant because hes a decent experienced coach. That way the new manager automatically gets a good amount of help in a decent coach even if the next manager is inexperienced. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheJew said:

Karanka and Robson were backed in the transfer market. If you havent got money then experience is required.

Karanka didnt get money right away. He took over moggas team, signed ayala and brought us from relegation to top half of the table by the end of the season.

He spent less than 5mil the following summer and has us in the play off final.

People really underestimate the job karanka did here.

• Like 11

Whilst we got very fortunate with how Stoke we’re playing, I don’t care because we got the 3 points. 

What I saw in comparison to a woodgate team and a Warnock team today was battling for the ball where the players actually looked like they gave a toss for the first time in a long time and didn’t want to lose a game.

Added to this we had a plan of defending deep and hitting it up to the two focal strikers on the half way line. It’s not pretty, but it did a job. Players seemed to know what their roles and responsibilities were and it was simple yet effective and did the job.

I thought the players were up for it a lot more. One player who stood out was Friend, sliding tackles and also putting in some good 50 50s. Special mentions to Saville, Howson, Britt and Fletch who kept going til the end. 

Some great last ditch tackles on the line and some great saves from Dejan. YES, Very fortunate but who cares. 

• Like 2

I am absolutely delighted with the result... and performance, in terms of togetherness, determination and spirit... but I think there are a lot of people on here getting very carried away. 

On another day, McClean puts away 2 of the 3 sitters he missed, Fry doesn’t block the one on the line and we lose that game 3-2. We rode our luck today, especially in the second half. 

If that luck goes the other way on Thursday, we suddenly find ourselves right back in the middle of it again. Yes we will be 5 clear if we win, but we could also be 1 point inside the relegation zone if we lose. 

Don’t get me wrong, the performance was so so much better than the shambles we seen last week but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. There is a hell of a lot of hard work ahead. 

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am absolutely delighted with the result... and performance, in terms of togetherness, determination and spirit... but I think there are a lot of people on here getting very carried away. 

On another day, McClean puts away 2 of the 3 sitters he missed, Fry doesn’t block the one on the line and we lose that game 3-2. We rode our luck today, especially in the second half. 

If that luck goes the other way on Thursday, we suddenly find ourselves right back in the middle of it again. Yes we will be 5 clear if we win, but we could also be 1 point inside the relegation zone if we lose. 

Don’t get me wrong, the performance was so so much better than the shambles we seen last week but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. There is a hell of a lot of hard work ahead. 

If we lose to Hull we deserve to go down, they can barely field a championship caliber XI

51 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Couldn't of said it better myself. Boro fans getting ahead of themselves already after what I thought we got very lucky today.

Yes, we played better than last week and got the result, but we were playing a extremely poor Stoke side who could of easily beat us if they had taken the guilt edge chances.

Few of my mates suggested we keep hold of Warnock and we will be promotion favourites next season. How can we jump from just surviving to thinking about promotion? Absolutely ridicilous and typical Boro fan reactions.

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think you have to look at the fact that last week, like all season we have been absolutely shambolic and relegation certs.

Warnock has been here 4 days and in that very short space of time has us looking so much stronger and with another 4 days until the next game there's a chance of more improvement again.

Yes the promotion talk is abit daft but in no ways any boro fan should get shot down for feeling positive and excited about the remainder of the season.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yes, we played better than last week and got the result, but we were playing a extremely poor Stoke side who could of easily beat us if they had taken the guilt edge chances.

Few of my mates suggested we keep hold of Warnock and we will be promotion favourites next season. How can we jump from just surviving to thinking about promotion? Absolutely ridicilous and typical Boro fan reactions.

If 'if's and buts' were candies and nuts...

We went from promotion favourites to relegation fodder in a year, so why not the other way round!

Just enjoy it for tonight. Only an hour left 😉

• Like 1