oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)

@J.T. I agree with your post. A lot of work to do and given the form of those around us we cannot rest on one performance. I still feel we need around 8 or 9 points to be safe so we need to be bang at it.

I am not overly worried about next season just yet as I honestly just want us to get safe as quickly as possible so I can relax as this season has been nothing short of a nightmare. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Some people just can’t allow themselves enjoy being Boro fans 🙄

But we were made to suffer....we are Boro fans 😉 

• Like 1

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/should have had a pen, Britt was inches away from tapping in, and Saville should have scored from 10 yards out. We earned the win. 

• Like 12
5 hours ago, 2plus2 said:

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's always had a soft spot for. The Mrs is just happy to get rid of him for another year. Finishes 2nd in his first full season with Boro, 4 points behind recently relegated Villa. Cannot turn down the temptation of one final shot at PL management. Signs 1 year deal. Keeps Boro up on the final game of the season with a point at The Amex. Standing ovation from the Boro faithful, Warnock in a flood of tears. Forever inscribed in Boro folklore. Retires (for the 474th and final time).

It's written in the stars.

Come on mate I think you are getting carried away. Brighton wont be in the Prem then.....

• Haha 2

Caught about 60 of the 90.  Yes we werent pretty on the eye with the ball and we did concede a few chances but we looked much more drilled than we have in recent memory. A new manager was always going to focus on making us hard to beat first and Im excited to see what this team can do with a bit more of his influence and some confidence.

Of all the players only Spence looked a bit out of place - offensively he offers us a pacey outlet but defensively he was a bit suspect and it looked to me he knew that he couldnt compete physically with the LW and ST and couldnt figire out how best.to deal wijt tjbe 

1 hour ago, ChipBarrington said:

Caught about 60 of the 90.  Yes we werent pretty on the eye with the ball and we did concede a few chances but we looked much more drilled than we have in recent memory. A new manager was always going to focus on making us hard to beat first and Im excited to see what this team can do with a bit more of his influence and some confidence.

Of all the players only Spence looked a bit out of place - offensively he offers us a pacey outlet but defensively he was a bit suspect and it looked to me he knew that he couldnt compete physically with the LW and ST and couldnt figire out how best.to deal wijt tjbe 

Did you go from sober to drunk whilst writing this post? 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

You will not believe it but I nearly forgot we would be on Quest:classic_biggrin:

Some cautionary posts from members which I acknowledge but boy Saturday night felt much better didn't it?

How massive a night Thursday evening is going to be

• Like 3

Of course we should be cautious but there's nothing wrong with enjoying a win either. 

I said that I can potentially see us winning the next 2 games, not because we've suddenly become a great team but because of who we are facing. 

I know Hull drew yesterday but i think they got a Birmingham team with very little to play for and still couldn't hang on for the win. They are missing key players and in utter disarray off the pitch. Weve got better players than them so I don't see why we can't be confident going there. 

As for QPR, from what I've read their players seem to be treating the restart like preseason so we're getting them at a good time as well. 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/should have had a pen, Britt was inches away from tapping in, and Saville should have scored from 10 yards out. We earned the win. 

People always seem to either forget this side of the argument, or willfully ignore it. If all good chances were scored we probably should have won about 6-3.

• Like 2
On 6/27/2020 at 10:46 PM, diggerlad07 said:

Couldn't of said it better myself. Boro fans getting ahead of themselves already after what I thought we got very lucky today.

Yes, we played better than last week and got the result, but we were playing a extremely poor Stoke side who could of easily beat us if they had taken the guilt edge chances.

Few of my mates suggested we keep hold of Warnock and we will be promotion favourites next season. How can we jump from just surviving to thinking about promotion? Absolutely ridicilous and typical Boro fan reactions.

I thought that was a prerequisite for being a football fan? Being extremely fickle and subject to massive knee-jerk reactions. 😁

15 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I thought that was a prerequisite for being a football fan? Being extremely fickle and subject to massive knee-jerk reactions. 😁

I take great exception to this and call for an immediate apology followed you losing  your job (that’s how social media works right? ) 

and we’re not getting ahead of ourselves if you take our results from the past 17 weeks we have a 66% win rate that’s promotion standard 

we’re going up 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I take great exception to this and call for an immediate apology followed you losing  your job (that’s how social media works right? ) 

and we’re not getting ahead of ourselves if you take our results from the past 17 weeks we have a 66% win rate that’s promotion standard 

we’re going up 😀

Good man yourself Uwe 😂😂😂