oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)

Evening All,

Absolutely huge win that for us in every sense of the word. Unfortunately I did not get chance to watch the game as I was working but can someone kindly tell me the following two:-

1. How did Friend do as a CB in a back 4?

2. How did Howson do as the defensive midfielder? I feel given his age, experience and excellent physical engine this position is where I want to see him next season provided we stay up and he signs on.

Thank you

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

Forgive me ignorance but can someone please explain the Colin thing to me in reference to Warnock. I saw it a few times on the stoke city forum but don’t get it 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I really hope Johnson extends his contract, he's decent.

Same. He’s a good enough squad player at this level. Surely low wages? Has done a reasonable job nearly every game he’s played this season. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Forgive me ignorance but can someone please explain the Colin thing to me in reference to Warnock. I saw it a few times on the stoke city forum but don’t get it 🤷‍♂️

Neil Warnock is an anagram of Colin Wa**er. 

Or vice versa. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

It is derived from Neil Warnock being an anagram of 'Colin W***er'.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Another strong performance from Saville. He’s becoming a consistent 7 or 8 out of 10 every game now. 
You don’t play international football if you aren’t a good footballer.

I agree on Saville but not on your last sentence. Lee Miller played for Scotland and Chris Killen represented NZ at the 2010 world cup. Haha.

• Like 1

BBC have confirmed something what someone on here just said. Warnock is the first full time manager to win his debut game as a Boro manager since Bryan Robson.

28 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Evening All,

Absolutely huge win that for us in every sense of the word. Unfortunately I did not get chance to watch the game as I was working but can someone kindly tell me the following two:-

1. How did Friend do as a CB in a back 4?

2. How did Howson do as the defensive midfielder? I feel given his age, experience and excellent physical engine this position is where I want to see him next season provided we stay up and he signs on.

Thank you

Both had decent games for me @TLF10

• Like 1

Interesting how we all speculated on the formation after the lineup came out, yet it still surprised most of us. Definitely merits to 4-3-3 with adventurous full-backs if you play three CMs in front. Warnock not everyones cup of tea, but he really proved his experience today.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not so sure Friend had a good defensive game but he wasn't challenged an awful lot. Distribution was alright, though.

He looked infinitely better with the extra protection around him than he did last week at LB though, so that's a plus.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not so sure Friend had a good defensive game but he wasn't challenged an awful lot. Distribution was alright, though.

Totally agree.

Today was a good result against a extremely poor Stoke side but don't forget, they had a lot of changes which I thought we were very fortunate with - against a better team we would definately be punished.