Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke (A) 2-0 (Fletcher, Tavernier)


Recommended Posts

Have not got the faintest on what the team will be mainly because I washed my hands of anything to do with the club whilst Woodgate ruled.

Now I can see a glimpse at the end of the tunnel and I do believe Warnock will do a good job for the club.

I am confident today that we will win,which is a first in a long while.

I have even selected my  20th Anniversary shirt that Mark Viduka wore and signed the night he scored against Man Utd at Trafford.

Wearing it with pride Come On Boro and get stuck in.

3-1 to Boro

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STOKE VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH Details Teams – Stoek v Middlesbrough Location – The Bet365 Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Sat 27th June 2020 Kick o

Warnock. Retires (for the 473rd time). Signs 8 match contract with Boro. Keeps Boro up with 2 games to spare. Can't resist the allure of one more season in management, for a club and chairman he's alw

Agree with those saying don’t get carried away etc. But when you say “on another day if stoke had scored there chances we’d have lost 3-2”, you also have to factor in that on another day we could/shou

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Motor Mouth said:

Have not got the faintest on what the team will be mainly because I washed my hands of anything to do with the club whilst Woodgate ruled.

Now I can see a glimpse at the end of the tunnel and I do believe Warnock will do a good job for the club.

I am confident today that we will win,which is a first in a long while.

I have even selected my  20th Anniversary shirt that Mark Viduka wore and signed the night he scored against Man Utd at Trafford.

Wearing it with pride Come On Boro and get stuck in.

3-1 to Boro

Lets hope some of that Viduka magic rubs off on the team today. 👍

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

bring it on, seriously i dont know what to expect result wise but im expecting a much more polished game plan and tactical display purely down to having a manager that actuallly knows the ropes. they are in the same boat as usso score wise it may be close . cant see any more than two goals total in the game , it seems home advantage is not an issue until crowds are allowed so bieng the away side shouldnt be a negative. personally id give warnock 3 or4 games to get his messages across but we have to kick on now so im hoping for at least a 0-0 or 1-1 today.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If i was trying to.2nd guess Warnock i would say he might play following team:

Stojanovic

Shotton Moukoudi Fry Friend

Paddy, Howson

Roberts, Ravel, Coulson/Marv

Rudy/Britt

A new manager in his first game seems to start someone who not had much of a look in under previous manager and i think that man might be Ravel today.

Stoke are very well organised under ONeill and I do not expect 3pts despite fact I would love them. Will go with 1-1

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to guess 4-2-3-1

                   Stojanovic

Shotton Moukoudi Fry Friend

              Mcnair Howson

Roberts         Wing          Tav

                    Fletcher

Shotton at RB for his long throws

Subs to affect game Rudy/Britt Coulson Spence Morrison

Subs for injury/tiredness Clayton/Saville

Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed it for the last game, and also this game. 

Why isn’t Saville being selected for anyone’s team?

He was literally one of our best performers before lockdown. Certainly our best midfielder. 
I was shocked Woodgate didn’t play him against Swansea.

God knows what McNair is doing to get in everyone’s team every week, he’s been non existent for months (before lockdown). Wing the same, but at least he is a goal threat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Noticed it for the last game, and also this game. 

Why isn’t Saville being selected for anyone’s team?

He was literally one of our best performers before lockdown. Certainly our best midfielder. 
I was shocked Woodgate didn’t play him against Swansea.

God knows what McNair is doing to get in everyone’s team every week, he’s been non existent for months (before lockdown). Wing the same, but at least he is a goal threat.

McNair scored the winning goal against Charlton, that's why he was in the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

bring it on, seriously i dont know what to expect result wise but im expecting a much more polished game plan and tactical display purely down to having a manager that actuallly knows the ropes. they are in the same boat as usso score wise it may be close . cant see any more than two goals total in the game , it seems home advantage is not an issue until crowds are allowed so bieng the away side shouldnt be a negative. personally id give warnock 3 or4 games to get his messages across but we have to kick on now so im hoping for at least a 0-0 or 1-1 today.

I'd be happy with just game plan and an attempt at tactics. 

God its been a rough 9 months. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...