oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It doesn't matter who the manager is while Gibson is in charge still, he's always going to be undermined and forced to put up with his interference, especially in the transfer market.

I think Warnock will be offered it if he keeps us up, but personally I'd love Karanka back. Again, that will never happen while SG is in charge though.

Ah but you really only want Karanka back if he could repeat what he did the first time or better it. These returning manager situations rarely work.

• Like 1
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

Could it be 3rd time lucky for Nigel Pearson, I believe he has been close to taking charge a couple of times in the past and with his contract up at the end of the season at Watford it may just be his time.

Any Takers?

• Like 2

I know there's a lot of debate about not going back to old managers bit I'd love Mowbray back, I also reckon he would make a great DoF, not sure if he would want that role though

Just now, mj south said:

I know there's a lot of debate about not going back to old managers bit I'd love Mowbray back, I also reckon he would make a great DoF, not sure if he would want that role though

I couldn’t stand Mowbray when he was here, we never won after Christmas and his it is what it is press conferences were intolerable. 

15 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I couldn’t stand Mowbray when he was here, we never won after Christmas and his it is what it is press conferences were intolerable. 

Is that a maybe from you then billy? 😂

Edited by Blanco
  • Haha 4
13 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Glad to see you agree 🤣

I thought his attacking style of football would definitely appeal, our squad also is arguably better than what he inherited and had to work with the first time round and he also had an eye for young talent.

I think no matter what Warnock should be given next season

Who would you want to get us promotion out of league one?

Who would you want to maybe have a surprise play off push on a limited budget in the championship?

Warnock for me. Stay up or go down we ain't getting someone better than him.

And I couldn't care less about expansive entertaining football. I want to see us win, how many clubs below the PL actually play good football.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

I think no matter what Warnock should be given next season

Who would you want to get us promotion out of league one?

Who would you want to maybe have a surprise play off push on a limited budget in the championship?

Warnock for me. Stay up or go down we ain't getting someone better than him.

And I couldn't care less about expansive entertaining football. I want to see us win, how many clubs below the PL actually play good football.

Leeds, WBA, Brentford and Fulham. Incidentally also the top four in the Championship. It is possible to play good football and win. 

3 minutes ago, mj south said:

Is Warnocks football that bad?

I honestly don't really know how his sides play, is it same kind of blueprint as Pulis?

I think his football is better than Pulis. He plays it down to build his reputation and distract I think. He does like a big lad up front but also plays wingers who cause mayhem.

Some big calls tomorrow. Will be a good insight into what he sees as our strengths.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Cormick said:

Could it be 3rd time lucky for Nigel Pearson, I believe he has been close to taking charge a couple of times in the past and with his contract up at the end of the season at Watford it may just be his time.

Any Takers?

Iv been wanting him in for the last two seasons lol , happy with warnock though 

22 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just my opinion.... everytime we have tried to play a better brand of football we have failed dismally... go all the way back to McClaren we were built on being solid. AK we were solid TP we were solid... only Robson we played expansive and got rewards in promotion. Mogga Monk Woodgate all tried and failed. Maybe it's just our DNA

Maybe Gibson just needs to tempt someone like Juninho or Mendieta to come and coach us? 😉

Seriously though, you need the players to play attractive, expansive football. Under Robson & McLaren we could afford to buy those kind of players. We haven't been able to since.

Unless Gibson is prepared to splash that kind of cash again, we are going to have to get used to solid, unspectacular play.