oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I can see us going for Gerrard.

Warnock DOF

Is that just your opinion or something you may of heard? 

I'm sure Stevie G won't come cheap and will want a decent transfer kitty?

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

I still can't see a DOF role myself. Been talk and rumour about it for years, and it just never happened. 

It's an extra salary that could be put into playing staff, but if it means Gibson leaves the footballing decisions to someone who is actually experienced in football club management I'd be for it. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

It's an extra salary that could be put into playing staff, but if it means Gibson leaves the footballing decisions to someone who is actually experienced in football club management I'd be for it. 

I would love to see it but I don't believe that will ever happen whilst Gibson is signing the cheques.

Think he as tried it but it never worked out when he had personal problems a few years back.

He really needs to get it into his mind that business men can only run so much of a football club, but not all of it.

Some one has to have knowledge of football  and buying and selling and also talking to the manger and getting his thoughts and fancies on players. Now that would be a first wouldn't it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Warnock DOF

Gerard Houllier would be more likely IMO.

I can't see Stevie G giving up his cushy gig with Rangers to come somewhere like Boro...

I think Warnock has the ability to be a DoF, but he seems like a guy who enjoys a more "hands-on" role with the players. 

I could be wrong, but when he decides to retire from management, I feel that will be it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Is that just your opinion or something you may of heard? 

I'm sure Stevie G won't come cheap and will want a decent transfer kitty?

Just opinion.

Can’t see him being on that much at Rangers and will surely be looking for a job in England.

He’s not really pushed Celtic so can’t see him being in high demand.

Can see Gibbo looking to make an appointment like he did when we were good

2 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

I still can't see a DOF role myself. Been talk and rumour about it for years, and it just never happened. 

Had Orta and Bevington was supposed to be doing similar. 

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Just opinion.

Can’t see him being on that much at Rangers and will surely be looking for a job in England.

He’s not really pushed Celtic so can’t see him being in high demand.

Can see Gibbo looking to make an appointment like he did when we were good

But Gibson has never appointed a manager in work. I assume that is by choice and not coincidence.

You think that will change?

Robson came as player/manager and McClaren was a no.2.

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

But Gibson has never appointed a manager in work. I assume that is by choice and not coincidence.

You think that will change?

Robson came as player/manager and McClaren was a no.2.

Technically true, but Monk resigned as Leeds manager as they were trying to extend his contract, and became Middlesbrough manager just over a week later, I feel like there'd have been contact between him and the club whilst he was still at Leeds.

He was out of contract at Leeds. Only signed a 1yr rolling deal so again for all intents and purposes he was a manager out of work when we approached him. 

Gibson does not seem to be a fan of paying compensation for managers and same would have been true for Monk.

I find it odd Gibbo seemingly reluctant to pay a fee for a good manager but happy to sanction pi*s poor transfers for huge fees.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

He was out of contract at Leeds. Only signed a 1yr rolling deal so again for all intents and purposes he was a manager out of work when we approached him. 

Gibson does not seem to be a fan of paying compensation for managers and same would have been true for Monk.

I find it odd Gibbo seemingly reluctant to pay a fee for a good manager but happy to sanction pi*s poor transfers for huge fees.

He resigned because they were only willing to extend his contract by a year and he wanted longer.

He was very quickly in his new job here, so I expect there was contact before he resigned which encouraged him to quit.

26 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He resigned because they were only willing to extend his contract by a year and he wanted longer.

He was very quickly in his new job here, so I expect there was contact before he resigned which encouraged him to quit.

Oh i agree there will have been contact prior but that contact was because there would be no compensation payable to Leeds for his services which fits with Gibsons behaviour of last 35yrs as far as our managers are concerned

4 hours ago, Johnmfc81 said:

False economy. Would you prefer someone cheap signing 4 gestedes or someone expensive signing 3 traores?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Warnock DOF

I can see us being interested in Gerrard, I'm just not sure he'd leave Rangers for a Championship job with poor resources though, I'm not even that sure whether he's a good manager because I'd guess Rangers would be are where they are with any decent manager in charge. I'm sure he's still driven to catch up with Celtic right now anyway, if he manages to do that then he'll almost certainly have a better choice of jobs in England.