oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

44 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Alex Neil is a great shout. We need a DoF of some sort as well.

I hope Gibson is looking at those he looked at last summer before settling on Woodgate. I bet the same people would be interested.

I genuinely can't see Neil moving from cozy Preston to nuthouse Boro. Unless Gibson promises massive resources which I highly doubt.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

If all goes well I would like to see what Neil Warnock could do here over the course of 46 games. Genuinely rate him much higher than Tony Pulis and his record in this division speaks for itself. I have no faith in Steve Gibson making the right call anyway he has lost the plot. 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I’m re watching the boro v Brighton game on sky sports. What a *** team. #BringAitorHome

I reckon the best match I've seen since our promotion year was when we played Brighton away when they hadn't lost in the league yet and we trounced them.  That was around 4 years ago and nothing has come close except maybe at home against Sheffield Utd last season - and look where they and we are now 😡.

• Like 6

Just watched an episode of Soccerbox with Robbie Keane. How he got any where near a coaching field whether with Ireland or Boro is completely beyond me. Clear as day within a matter of a minute or two watching he does not have any pre requisites to be an assistant or a coach.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Just watched an episode of Soccerbox with Robbie Keane. How he got any where near a coaching field whether with Ireland or Boro is completely beyond me. Clear as day within a matter of a minute or two watching he does not have any pre requisites to be an assistant or a coach.

What gave you that impression? Not disagreeing, just interested as I know very little about the man (and cba to watch the episode myself) 

23 hours ago, Borodane said:

I genuinely can't see Neil moving from cozy Preston to nuthouse Boro. Unless Gibson promises massive resources which I highly doubt.

As much as the fans love criticising gibson at the moment (much of it valid) has anyone ever left boro and complained about him or the working conditions at the club? For all the talk of signings being forced on managers, has anyone ever come out and confirmed this after leaving?

Regardless of fan opinion, Gibson is still one of the most respected chairmen around and this job is definitely not considered a nut house. 

27 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

As much as the fans love criticising gibson at the moment (much of it valid) has anyone ever left boro and complained about him or the working conditions at the club? For all the talk of signings being forced on managers, has anyone ever come out and confirmed this after leaving?

Regardless of fan opinion, Gibson is still one of the most respected chairmen around and this job is definitely not considered a nut house. 

No they haven't but looking from the outside we look very poorly run. Just look at our massive decline over the last 4 years. There hasn't been anything remotely calm about the club as we've gone from manager to manager, style to style, massive turnover in players and backroom staff and employees in higher positions ie. Bevington. It just looks so clueless without any shape or plan whatsoever so yeah to me it's a bit of a nuthouse because we had every chance to build on promotion/parachute money yet everything has been spunked away to the brink of relegation to league 1. Even Leeds look better run these days🤢

• Like 3
On 6/29/2020 at 4:08 PM, Islander said:

I reckon the best match I've seen since our promotion year was when we played Brighton away when they hadn't lost in the league yet and we trounced them.  That was around 4 years ago and nothing has come close except maybe at home against Sheffield Utd last season - and look where they and we are now 😡.

Someone retweeted Kike's letter the other day. God I miss that man. That away day was outstanding, 😔

• Like 3

With so many players out of contract who in there right mind will gamble on a move North. SG can I’ll afford to rebuild with a inexperienced manager so I guess it’s going to be a older guy, but there again who can predict SG given the howlers for the past years. Probably some young local lad from Greggs who produces a decent presentation nails it. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, sanddancer said:

With so many players out of contract who in there right mind will gamble on a move North. SG can I’ll afford to rebuild with a inexperienced manager so I guess it’s going to be a older guy, but there again who can predict SG given the howlers for the past years. Probably some young local lad from Greggs who produces a decent presentation nails it. 

I think the fact most our top earners are off is likely to help us attract a decent manager rather than put off, a fresh start. There has been a couple ITK people suggest he was ready to put considerable money in too. 

Think Gibson has shown he has no problem backing inexperienced managers with a ton of cash. In fact haven't all his best appointments being like that? Robson, McLaren and Karanka. 

On 6/26/2020 at 11:06 AM, mj south said:

I know there's a lot of debate about not going back to old managers bit I'd love Mowbray back, I also reckon he would make a great DoF, not sure if he would want that role though

I'd like to see Mowbray back as Director of Football too.  He had an eye for a player under a tight budget and he appreciates attacking football.

For manager I'd go with Plymouth Argyle's Ryan Lowe.  He certainly likes attacking football.  I think someone said that Gibson only takes unemployed people on, but I think he took Lennie Lawrence from Charlton back in the 90s.

11 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

I think the fact most our top earners are off is likely to help us attract a decent manager rather than put off, a fresh start. There has been a couple ITK people suggest he was ready to put considerable money in too. 

Think Gibson has shown he has no problem backing inexperienced managers with a ton of cash. In fact haven't all his best appointments being like that? Robson, McLaren and Karanka. 

SG has backed inexperienced managers and that’s why we are were we are now. It’s highly unlikely a inexperienced manager will have the contacts or experience to wheel and deal in the transfer market and who as a decent or upcoming player would risk reputation.