• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Warnock seems to be learning about the players on the job, as it were. I think this puts to bed the theory that he was at the club, helping out earlier in the season. 

And yet it does seem a bit of a coincidence that there were rumours of him helping out and then a few months later, here he is as manager... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, boro-unger said:

And yet it does seem a bit of a coincidence that there were rumours of him helping out and then a few months later, here he is as manager... 

As does the fact he was able to have such an impact in his first game in charge (even allowing for the "new manager effect").

51 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

As does the fact he was able to have such an impact in his first game in charge (even allowing for the "new manager effect").

He really wasn't up here helping out earlier, though. 

• Like 1
On 6/29/2020 at 1:59 PM, RealSlimSladeyy said:

What gave you that impression? Not disagreeing, just interested as I know very little about the man (and cba to watch the episode myself) 

There seemed to be a common trait going against certain managers i.e. Benitez, Trappatoni, Redknapp which perhaps indicated his temperament when things were not going his own way. There was talk he was a divisive figure on the training pitch at Rockcliffe completely opposite to Woodgate.

I wasnt convinced on Woodgate and that was linked to his personality and the way he handled that nightclub court case back in 2001. He completely deteriorated on the mental aspect as the trial progressed, his form suffered and it was said he couldn't eat or communicate well with other players in the Leeds squad at the time due to the pressure and stress. I didnt think he was suitable for a manager job and would be better served in a different role.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

hard disagree.

I mean I know for a fact he wasn't, despite what one of our ITKers said but feel free to believe that he was, despite how little sense it would make if it were true.