oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

I don't know, Burnley went down on the back of 2 wins and a draw, largely going down as a result of an awful start to the season, but they weren't particularly poor in the second half of it.

Norwich are going down on the back of at least 8 defeats in a row, and at least 25 all season, often getting absolutely hammered, only getting worse as the season went on, the end result might be the same but I think the manner of their relegation will have a much bigger psychological impact.

Given they still have to play Burnley and Man City, I expect another 2 defeats and their final match of a season to be a complete demolition.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

The short Summer break could also be a pivotal factor in not allowing enough time to shake off that defeatist mindset which will surely exist within the squad. A defeat to say Wycombe at Carrow Road on the opening day of the Championship is the sort of result that can do really serious damage to confidence and belief. Time will tell. 

59 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The short Summer break could also be a pivotal factor in not allowing enough time to shake off that defeatist mindset which will surely exist within the squad. A defeat to say Wycombe at Carrow Road on the opening day of the Championship is the sort of result that can do really serious damage to confidence and belief. Time will tell. 

It's true. Norwich admittedly look better placed than most, but every single summer the bookies and fans think a relegated side will make mincemeat of the Championship and it rarely happens. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't know, Burnley went down on the back of 2 wins and a draw, largely going down as a result of an awful start to the season, but they weren't particularly poor in the second half of it.

Norwich are going down on the back of at least 8 defeats in a row, and at least 25 all season, often getting absolutely hammered, only getting worse as the season went on, the end result might be the same but I think the manner of their relegation will have a much bigger psychological impact.

Given they still have to play Burnley and Man City, I expect another 2 defeats and their final match of a season to be a complete demolition.

Norwich have been preparing themselves for relegation all season; they'll be fine. They came up, made bank & accepted they were going back down. Now they're really well prepared to go up and stay up.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Norwich have been preparing themselves for relegation all season; they'll be fine. They came up, made bank & accepted they were going back down. Now they're really well prepared to go up and stay up.

The club can say that all they want.

A team getting hammered every week is going to be impacted and devoid of confidence, including the manager.

Their finances will be excellent, but I don't think they'll hit the ground running unless there's a high turnover of players.

They've not been trying to lose these games, they've been incapable of winning them.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

The club can say that all they want.

A team getting hammered every week is going to be impacted and devoid of confidence, including the manaher.

Their finances will be excellent, but I don't think they'll hit the ground running.

i think that will depend on who they lose, both fullbacks, the young lad up top and Pukki could all be gone that's almost half of the first 11.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

i think that will depend on who they lose, both fullbacks, the young lad up top and Pukki could all be gone that's almost half of the first 11.

Thats probably the top and bottom of it  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

No way they'll be holding onto Buendia, Cantwell, Lewis, Aarons. They'll basically have a ton of money to spend on a pretty crap squad... not a guarantee of success as Stoke, Boro (and Villa kind of) can prove.

Farke is way more competent than Monk though so that's in their favour. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

No way they'll be holding onto Buendia, Cantwell, Lewis, Aarons. They'll basically have a ton of money to spend on a pretty crap squad... not a guarantee of success as Stoke, Boro (and Villa kind of) can prove.

Farke is way more competent than Monk though so that's in their favour. 

Would expect theHammers to throw money at Pukki

1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

Would expect theHammers to throw money at Pukki

Is Pukki actually that good a signing for a PL club...? Norwich often bench him now and he's already 30. Hasn't scored in ages.

I reckon he might stay with them tbh. 

59 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Is Pukki actually that good a signing for a PL club...? Norwich often bench him now and he's already 30. Hasn't scored in ages.

I reckon he might stay with them tbh. 

That's why i thought the Hammers would be interested

• Haha 3

Norwich will be fine next season. In terms of player turnover I think the vast majority of their squad will stay intact, would be a big blow to them to lose their younger talents, Cantwell, Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey. But they have over the last few years made a real effort to have a clear pathway from academy football to first team, so they'll undoubtedly have another crop of youngsters to fill the void. Stuart Webber is very adept at bringing players that excel at Championship level, so even if they do lose their better players, I expect them to pick up players that are very capable.
As others have said the biggest threat to that is whether Farke can motivate his players after losing week on week.

• Like 3

Bournemouth on the other hand could struggle. I read something that they had the 3rd highest "Wages to turnover" in the Premier League, think it was close to 85%. 

They are also over reliant on broadcasting income as their main income stream, again I think that sits at close to 90%. Which isn't uncommon, but when you take out the premier league income their turnover sits at just over £15 Million.

• Like 1