oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

37 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I really can't see FFP being implemented next season after the lack of action with City and the so far ineffectiveness of clamping down on Villa, Wednesday, Derby etc.

I can imagine next year they will waiver or even scrap FFP due to COVID19. 

There is a vast difference to the domestic EFL FFP and uefas FFP. The latter looks dead in the water but I reckon the EFL and premier league are going to be more strict. Especially with Derby, Wednesday and potentially Villa as they did it pre COVID-19. 

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I really can't see FFP being implemented next season after the lack of action with City and the so far ineffectiveness of clamping down on Villa, Wednesday, Derby etc.

I can imagine next year they will waiver or even scrap FFP due to COVID19. 

Ffp was a platini idea, there are a few in UEFA who want it gone or changed. At the top level it's not for for purpose and lower down the rung it's not stopping clubs going bust.

Cowley and warnock would work for me like. Pearson imo is the best of all worlds, experienced, not too fancy with how he sets teams up but also doesn’t park the bus.

Cant see either of them scenarios happening though, I’m 100% expecting warnock.

• Like 1

My grandfather-in-law has just turned 80 (bear with me, there's a point to this). He's still pretty active, still runs his businesses in his inimitable old-school way, and apart from surrendering his driving licence, is in reasonable health. Nor is he exceptional as an active octogenarian.

People keep saying Warnock will only be here for a year or so because of his age, but is that really the case? Yes he's 71, but he's seemingly incapable of retiring, he loves the Boro, and he's enjoying the job so much he apparently hasn't discussed wages yet. If he wanted to stay for a couple of seasons, I don't see why his age needs to be a barrier.

I do accept he's an old-school manager, but his Cardiff side played some good football en route to the PL, and the team he built dismantled ours at the weekend. And while I'd rather have Pearson now he's available, I don't really buy the whole 'Warnock won't be here for long' argument some people have been advocating lately.

• Like 3

Roy Hodgson is 73 in a couple of weeks.  He's done pretty well with Crystal Palace since joining in 2017.  Warnock seems to know how to put a team together and I think anything would be better than the tripe we've been served up this season.  He certainly has the enthusiasm, hopefully the energy and could (with his knowledge of the Championship) sort out the club regarding transfers etc. with his no-nonsense approach.  

Age is all in the mind.  I speak from experience!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Going around on Twitter that Aitor is going to Birmingham 😭

Birmingham seem to be even more of a mess than we are. Not sure how well that will go