• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I don’t see Warnock staying for more than a year and I am praying that Gibson can see that a maximum of a year is just masking the issue that we need to face a year down the line, which makes Warnock the wrong choice.  

How could you recruit a new squad for a manager who is on a year contract? Surely we would just be in this position when Warnock left, but with more players on the pay roll? 

Then we hunt for a new manager and low and behold, we then shift on the Warnock wanderers because they don’t fit the new guys style or tactics? 

Am i going crazy or is the Warnock option getting less appealing each day?

I completely agree.

I don't see how the commute from Cornwall to Middlesbrough can be healthy either unless he was prepared to move up here with his wife for the sake of a year.

If he signed a 2yr contract then I could possibly understand it and that would give him more time to put foundations in place and wouldn't be waste of what I see as a VITAL summer in the market.

What I don't want to see is that we waste this transfer window by buying players who suit the Warnock way, and when he leaves in a year then a new manager once again has to take over a side that suited Warnock style of play for the sake of 1 season.

We need someone with experience yes, but someone who is going to sick round for a minimum of 3-4years. Someone like Pearson, Johnson or Paul cook

Don't see the appeal in Pearson at all. The bloke is a nutter and not a great coach, he's been sacked by Watford for glaring errors that have lead them back into the relegation fight after looking like they were clear. Steer well clear imo.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Will said:

Don't see the appeal in Pearson at all. The bloke is a nutter and not a great coach, he's been sacked by Watford for glaring errors that have lead them back into the relegation fight after looking like they were clear. Steer well clear imo.

I would of agreed with you before the Woodgate appointment mate, but I just feel the club now requires a completely different identify and personnel who are not afraid to shake things up behind the scenes (especially with Bausor).

Pearson, Shakespeare and Steve Walsh (chief scout) is just a massive refreshing shake up which I think we require.

Walsh has found some excellent bargains like Mahrez, Shakespeare has previous manager experience so it would be a strong core to the backroom staff.

Yes, Pearson is a hot head but he knows what Gibson is all about so it could just work out.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Will said:

They're further clear of the drop than they were after having beaten Liverpool.

3 points clear of relegation now, whilst before the restart they were out of it by goal difference alone.

He's been sacked early because he fell out with the owners, even though he has likely saved the club from what looked like certain relegation. Hopefully they get relegated now. Knobhead owners.

One advantage Pearson has over other managerial contenders is the fact he knows Gibson and understands how the club works. He wouldn't be taking the job under false pretences. And Gibson would presumably only appoint him knowing there'd be robust conversations (and maybe the odd headlock) to come.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I would of agreed with you before the Woodgate appointment mate, but I just feel the club now requires a completely different identify and personnel who are not afraid to shake things up behind the scenes (especially with Bausor).

Pearson, Shakespeare and Steve Walsh (chief scout) is just a massive refreshing shake up which I think we require.

Walsh has found some excellent bargains like Mahrez, Shakespeare has previous manager experience so it would be a strong core to the backroom staff.

Yes, Pearson is a hot head but he knows what Gibson is all about so it could just work out.

Totally agree with that and mentioned it a few months back, that management team has the potential to rectify a lot of our problems. Experienced coaches, promotion under the belt and a track record with recruitment. Think it’s a solution stating us in the face tbh.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Totally agree with that and mentioned it a few months back, that management team has the potential to rectify a lot of our problems. Experienced coaches, promotion under the belt and a track record with recruitment. Think it’s a solution stating us in the face tbh.

Too good of an opportunity to turn down if you ask me especially as they are all out of work which all know that is the route Gibson prefers.

33 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

The only appeal there for me is in Walsh, and whilst he's had some highlight signings he also utterly flopped at Everton when he was shipped there as a super scout. I don't think the baggage and effort that it would require to keep Pearson happy is worth it just to get a decent scout. If we're that interested in Walsh then go and get him and offer him what he wants, leave Pearson out of it for me.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, liambell42 said:

What if Birmingham go down tomorrow?

I think he will still end up there.

He's after a project and his stock isn't really high. Clayts could still do a job in league one.

52 minutes ago, Will said:

The only appeal there for me is in Walsh, and whilst he's had some highlight signings he also utterly flopped at Everton when he was shipped there as a super scout. I don't think the baggage and effort that it would require to keep Pearson happy is worth it just to get a decent scout. If we're that interested in Walsh then go and get him and offer him what he wants, leave Pearson out of it for me.

I am interested to hear what you would like to see happen at the club for next appointment?

Ideal world I'd take Pearson over Warnock he built that Leicester team in the Championship and moulded them into one of the fiercest Championship title winners in history they ruined teams week in week out. But every sign is pointing to Warnock which I hope means he'll give the next year a proper go and maybe move to Yarm for the year that commute Pulis was doing clearly didn't work out well for us he seemed almost part time sometimes he was banging the drum of only wanting players who wanted to move to Middlesbrough whilst spending half a day a week on a train!

If not Pearson I'd take Warnock if not either I have no clue who that would be I remember the stories last summer about Daniel Stendel's suitors in higher ups but he just got sacked and relegated Hearts we wont take in work managers so I'm not seeing a host of options I'd be confident handing the job of a rebuild to be honest.

its quite funny that a lot of the people who want Pearson are the same people who's first criticism of karanka is that he fell out with everyone..

They're in for a nasty surprise!

• Like 4