• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

Regarding the golden thread, assuming that plan has at least been somewhat abandoned, I do hope whenever they announce what (probably shitty) direction they’re going to take the club in, they’ll be challenged on the golden thread idea. 

28 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That Ship has not only sailed but was taking in water as soon as it left the port. 

I would much prefer that vision but we have absolutely zero on which to build it, there are no suitable foundations at all whatsoever. The senior Boro executives have shown that they didn't have a clue at the time how to plan or implement it so why would they now?

Plus it also seems clear that they didn't have two pennies to rub together when they launched it. That then maybe ever so slightly calls into question was the "Golden Thread" like Woodgate's appointment itself just all marketing spin and bullshine for cheap and struggling but trying and sell some snake oil to the masses?

The only way it would have worked was if they got lucky and that very rarely features in any business plan for a good reason. They have had the last thirteen months to build on that "Golden Thread" philosophy by developing an infrastructure if it was ever a genuine attempt. Meanwhile they jettisoned one of the architects in December for whatever reason and still have a recruitment department that is famed for its failures.

Whoever comes in has to stand on their own two feet and quickly because if they are to rely on those above them they are doomed to fail and fail miserably. I don't think the Club can handle two consecutive disasters on the off chance that we may play nice football at some distant point.

The "Golden Thread" was as empty and meaningless as "Smash the League", both nice to have and both I believe to be from the heart and with a real passion but perhaps naive belief, on that I have no doubt but both were without any substantive plan other than a desire.

I think next season is just a case of stopping the ship from rocking!

I don't equate what warnock said with him potentially being director of football.

A director of football literally decides upon and implements a clubs entire vision from top to bottom - this is not a hands off role that some seem to think it is. It brings as much if not more pressure than the management role (albeit probably more from a stakeholder point of view than the fans).

When warnock says about giving advice behind the scenes - I believe when he says he will offer advice behind the scenes that we can take that at face value (hes not a pulis sort in terms of being a pathological liar) and that he will be giving his honest assessment of where we are now and what we need going forward. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Maybe NW will stay on as the old head/mentor for a new young coach, can think of worse things

So long as the new Head Coach isn't Downing and thats not meant to be disrespectful to Downing!

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

So long as the new Head Coach isn't Downing and thats not meant to be disrespectful to Downing!

Gorgeous George 

1 hour ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Regarding the golden thread, assuming that plan has at least been somewhat abandoned, I do hope whenever they announce what (probably shitty) direction they’re going to take the club in, they’ll be challenged on the golden thread idea. 

There never really was a golden thread ideology just PR spin to appease fans for a *** poor appointment made on the cheap.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

There never really was a golden thread ideology just PR spin to appease fans for a *** poor appointment made on the cheap.

If that’s the case, then I especially hope the club gets challenged on it. All I really want is some sense of accountability. 

They won't though in the same way they aren't challenged on anything. 

Been the same for years whether its golden thread, moneyball or anyother spin the club put out there.

Should be questioned over the judgement on Orta.