oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

They won't though in the same way they aren't challenged on anything. 

Been the same for years whether its golden thread, moneyball or anyother spin the club put out there.

Should be questioned over the judgement on Orta. 

Yep I’m not too hopeful they will either

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Should be questioned over the judgement on Orta. 

Which signings for Leeds has Orta facilitated that have been a major success?

Most of the players were already there, have flopped or are signings that I doubt he was integral in signing. 

Could argue their two keepers, perhaps Helder Costa but he was already in England anyway and Wolves were looking to offload.

They want rid of Augustin and they played Nketiah so little that he was recalled.

29 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Which signings for Leeds has Orta facilitated that have been a major success?

Most of the players were already there, have flopped or are signings that I doubt he was integral in signing. 

Could argue their two keepers, perhaps Helder Costa but he was already in England anyway and Wolves were looking to offload.

They want rid of Augustin and they played Nketiah so little that he was recalled.

The weird thing is that Orta must have been at least partly responsible for the crap we signed in the summer before our Premier League season but people still act like the bloke is brilliant.  I don't really see it myself.

25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The weird thing is that Orta must have been at least partly responsible for the crap we signed in the summer before our Premier League season but people still act like the bloke is brilliant.  I don't really see it myself.

There were a few transfer windows that were a mess. Gill was head of UK but was crowing about de Roon and Fischer. 

I don't think Orta was brilliant but it's hard to think of a good signing since he left and that's a lot of money down the drain pipe. 

I think in comparison Leeds have probably bought "better" over that same time period.

11 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

There were a few transfer windows that were a mess. Gill was head of UK but was crowing about de Roon and Fischer. 

I don't think Orta was brilliant but it's hard to think of a good signing since he left and that's a lot of money down the drain pipe. 

I think in comparison Leeds have probably bought "better" over that same time period.

Us having bad at their job doesn't make him good at his job.  He was only here for 18 months and the summer window before the PL season was his main one.  I thought it was an unmitigated disaster myself.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Got to give it to Warnock next season now, haven't you? 

with how quickly next season will come i think it is the sensible thing to do

Warnock has just been interviewed and i don't know whether i am just misinterpreting it, but it doesn't particularly sound like he is staying on, just offering advice

Just now, Skinemrippers said:

I read Warnock hasn’t asked for a wage over these past few weeks, just wanted to help us out. That can’t be right can it? 

If he’s not staying we must have someone lined up. Surely to god. 

I think it's that he would wait until the end of the season, and we we're safe, before being paid.  Something like that anyway.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

I read Warnock hasn’t asked for a wage over these past few weeks, just wanted to help us out. That can’t be right can it? 

If he’s not staying we must have someone lined up. Surely to god. 

I believe what he said is that they hadn't agreed on a payment yet but that he's sure him and Steve will come to some kind of arrangement. Which sounds nice and dodgy

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think it's that he would wait until the end of the season, and we we're safe, before being paid.  Something like that anyway.

Ah fair enough. Well he’s earned whatever he wants I’d imagine!