oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

1 minute ago, Whoppy said:

How confident are you guys that we would have been bottom 3 if we kept Woodgate?

I just couldn't see us staying up so I'm very grateful to Warnock! 

I think it would have been a slog but I don't think it is as impossible as some are making out. You just never know. That Swansea performance was awful but so were all of the home games since that too. And we had just beaten Charlton before the break, we don't know how we would have performed against the likes of Hull and qpr if he'd stayed. 

Anyway, it doesn't really matter because we'll never know for sure. Let's just enjoy whats sure to be a really interesting summer one way or another and start a fresh next season. Utb

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

How confident are you guys that we would have been bottom 3 if we kept Woodgate?

I just couldn't see us staying up so I'm very grateful to Warnock! 

I'd say 90% confident we were going down.

Can never say for sure but I would not have fancied our chances.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Warnock didn't sound like he could commit to a full time managers position.

It's a big decision at this point in his life and his families lives to move to the other end of the country for maybe a year or two at most.  He's football through and through so there will be part of him that wants to obviously.  See what happens after Gibson and him have had a chat about it.  Gibson might make him an offer he can't refuse.

I've definitely warmed to the idea of Warnock next season, at least we know he'll do a solid job.

Otherwise we have to rely on Gibson and the boys to make a good decision, which terrifies me.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's a big decision at this point in his life and his families lives to move to the other end of the country for maybe a year or two at most.  He's football through and through so there will be part of him that wants to obviously.  See what happens after Gibson and him have had a chat about it.  Gibson might make him an offer he can't refuse.

Gibson sat looking at the wage bill, perhaps after Clayton has left he's gonna be willing to get Uncle Tony on the phone? 😱

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Gibson sat looking at the wage bill, perhaps after Clayton has left he's gonna be willing to get Uncle Tony on the phone? 😱

Seriously though, if Gibson said to him, give us two years and I'll back you in the transfer market.  One last hurrah for you and all of that.  If we get promoted over that period and you want to stay on then you stay on.  It would be tempting for him I bet. 

• Like 1

Depends what type of role he’s going to take, if it’s a pulis style 3 day week or whatever he was doing then it’s a no from me. I know for certain though that Gibson will offer him the job. Not inside info just that’s how gibson works

Got to hope warnock takes the job at least for a season, if he doesn't who we taking instead. 

Unrealistic - Gerrard

Sensible - Pearson

Wildcard - Mowbray

Warnock for me all day long though. 

8 hours ago, Weasel said:

I've definitely warmed to the idea of Warnock next season, at least we know he'll do a solid job.

Otherwise we have to rely on Gibson and the boys to make a good decision, which terrifies me.

Nail on the head there in doing a solid job and knowing it and something we all need moving ahead.

The only person who could compete with that is possibly Pearson but he is not quite a Warnock is he?

Like others get the impression that it will not be happening which is a shame.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Seriously though, if Gibson said to him, give us two years and I'll back you in the transfer market.  One last hurrah for you and all of that.  If we get promoted over that period and you want to stay on then you stay on.  It would be tempting for him I bet. 

Oh and by the way your first signing will be my nephew, other than that I will not interfere!

If Warnock can't commit to a full-time role, how likely is it that he will end up advising Woodgate?  

I don't like Warnock, but I can see us challenging for the play-offs if he stays on. 

If it isn't Warnock, then we need a fresh start, someone who can commit to 3 years and someone who isn't Woodgate.

Bielsa has shown that the right manager can make the difference at this level, just as Karanka did with us.

11 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

If Warnock can't commit to a full-time role, how likely is it that he will end up advising Woodgate?  

I don't like Warnock, but I can see us challenging for the play-offs if he stays on. 

If it isn't Warnock, then we need a fresh start, someone who can commit to 3 years and someone who isn't Woodgate.

Bielsa has shown that the right manager can make the difference at this level, just as Karanka did with us.

It is a concern that Woodgate is still connected with the club. Alongside Clayton's comment that Woodgate would've been ok with an adviser.