oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

Do we have any ITKs about the Warnock situation? I thought the club would have announced quickly on Thursday that he’d signed a 2 year contract. Knowing Gibson, we won’t even get an announcement now and he’ll just be there come the start of the new season a la Agnew 

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

3 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

We are too small a club to ‘buck the trend’. 
If we find a manager who performs well enough for us to want to keep him (promotion and prem establishing) he will most likely get taken by a bigger team.

If we have a manager no other team wants it means he’s most likely under performing and will eventually get sacked.

The closest we have came to bucking the trend is Karanka, I think he was one of the few who felt an actual connection (Juninho style) to the club and area and would have turned down job offers from other mediocre teams to stay here.

I think Mowbray would have stayed longer.  He was here at the wrong time.  I wonder what he would have done with Monk's money.

58 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Do we have any ITKs about the Warnock situation? I thought the club would have announced quickly on Thursday that he’d signed a 2 year contract. Knowing Gibson, we won’t even get an announcement now and he’ll just be there come the start of the new season a la Agnew 

I would imagine they are sorting legal contract stuff out and possibly giving bad news to some of the coacHes from last season. Warnock also needs to get the nod from his Mrs as well.

1 hour ago, Skinemrippers said:

Do we even know for definite if the planned meeting actually took place?

51 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I'd love Daniel Stendel, even if it's a bit of a gamble.

Lol he another one whose hype is lost on me. Did well in getting Barnsley up from league 1 but then struggled in Championship and left after 1 win in 11 games. Then ended up at Hearts and I believe again struggled there.

Therefore nothing to suggest a guy who sole success has come at League 1 along with difficult spells in championship and Scotland after it is even close to being the answer for us.

And with all respect i dont think he would be a "bit of a gamble" but just a stupid gamble in the current circumstances. And we made a stupid gamble about this time last year and it very nearly backfired in the most devastating of fashions.

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

hes probs asked for £10m in transfer fees and Gibbo told him to *** off lol

Gibson doesn’t care about giving managers money to spend. His one red line, however, is anyone who wants to take away too much control from him and his beloved Gary Gill. The only way I can imagine Warnock not staying is if he wants too much control.

32 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Apparently Gibbo's keeping  he's options open and  waiting to interview Pochettino and Benitez before he announces that Warnock was the stand out candidate for the job nudge nudge wink wink say no more Steve :classic_wink:

Can't imagine Warnock's got an impressive PowerPoint presentation though. 

31 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Fully expecting to see warnock announced on Monday, holding the new kit, roll on September!! 

Mondays are usually the "good news" days so I wouldnt be surprised if this is the case.

Although they would have had to take the pics already because warnock is on holiday now.

• Like 1