oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

I not sure Karanka would want to come back. His philosophy is to have two quality players for each position we have about 4 quality players full stop. We simply do not have the funds to let him operate the way he did when he was here last

And we would have to buy him new toys after he threw all the last ones out of the pram 🙃

• Haha 4
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Thanks for the info @diggerlad07  

If Friend stays on and moves into a coaching role he’ll be our next manager after Warnock! Gibson is so predictable. 

What’s the legal case against Ayala? Refusing to play before his contract ended? Seems Boro don’t have make a meal out of players leaving - lots of issues over the years. Even Schwartzer said the other week he was disappointed just to receive a typed letter of goodbye and thanks after 10 years at the club! 

Breach of contract.  It appears that he was trying it on back in January, never mind this summer.  Still, he was willing to play the games before the end of June, if it wasn't for that pesky injury rearing it's head again of course 🙄

I'm not entirely sure how correct this is but I think he tried to leave in January and we wouldn't let him.  Then he was injured for ever.  I believe that there was a suggestion he was trying to leave on a free transfer as well to somewhere abroad but I'm not sure about that one.  Maybe other people know more about it than I do?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

We have a legal case in against Daniel Ayala 😂😂 (Over the merry moon, typical Gibson move)

image.gif.d73439b7669fe707d6f8ec457e7802ac.gif

Think his injury is/was genuine if this changing room footage is anything to go by 😉

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted)

- Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end of it.😂😂 .  ( Hope he's only 3rd/4th choice)

- Funds have been made available now that the big earners have left.  (Happy with that about time)

- Roberts now unlikely to come back on loan as he has offers elsewhere. (Disappointed but too good for us imo)

-  Apparently were anticipating offers for Spence, Fry and McNair. Any player who gets sold then the majority of money will be reinvested. (I'd want enough money so we can replace them with 2/3 decent signings) 

- We have a legal case in against Daniel Ayala 😂😂 (Over the merry moon, typical Gibson move)

Thanks for the information @diggerlad07

When is the Warnock announcement expected? By the end of the month? Is there any update on Johnson?

It's a massive rebuild this summer but one that is quite exciting. It very much feels like the end of an era.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Thanks for the information @diggerlad07

When is the Warnock announcement expected? By the end of the month? Is there any update on Johnson?

It's a massive rebuild this summer but one that is quite exciting. It very much feels like the end of an era.

I would be surprised if it wasn't Monday. Companies like to announce good news on a Monday.

Not happy with Warnock for same reasons I've said before. Very excited to see the likes of Gunter and Danny Graham joining the club for one last payday as we grind out next season for a 10th place finish. Happy days. 

Feels like weve just missed a huge chance to rebuild in a more positive manner. 

Very much on the fence with Warnock i would probably have preferred somebody else but given what he has done so far I suppose you have to offer him it if he's willing to stay. He has a good record at this level so at least I think he offers a bit of security on that front.

However its a very short term outlook given his age. The question is how much can you back somebody who is likely to only be able to offer up to 2 years. But then again I currently don't have faith in the club making a good long term appointment. 

10 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Not happy with Warnock for same reasons I've said before. Very excited to see the likes of Gunter and Danny Graham joining the club for one last payday as we grind out next season for a 10th place finish. Happy days. 

Feels like weve just missed a huge chance to rebuild in a more positive manner. 

The problem, in my view, is the incredibly short off season this year. We're back playing football on 12th September. That's not a lot of time for a new coach to get to grips with the squad and turn things around. Been cucked a little by the entire pandemic situation I think.

• Like 2

How much time have our most recent managers had? Monk, Pulis and Woodgate 2.5 seasons between them? Strachan and Mowbray 3 seasons in total? Im not that worried if he can only do a couple of seasons. We need to hit the ground running with signings and a clear plan to get the team playing to their strengths. I think Warnock is the best option really. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That's not a lot of time for a new coach to get to grips with the squad and turn things around. Been cucked a little by the entire pandemic situation I think.

😳

20200725_170134.jpg

• Like 1

It's 7 weeks until the season starts probably 3 weeks until pre season begins that's an incredibly tight schedule so it was always going to be the best move to hand it to Warnock he's already rolling on targets/recruitment he said he'd love to have new players in before pre season so he might be off grid for the next week but the timeframe is very tight here and a huge rebuild is in order would be madness to delay this past the next week with all that in mind it had to be Warnock plus he has a 50% win ratio with us you can't ignore that if your Gibson.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted)

- Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end of it.😂😂 .  ( Hope he's only 3rd/4th choice)

- Funds have been made available now that the big earners have left.  (Happy with that about time)

- Roberts now unlikely to come back on loan as he has offers elsewhere. (Disappointed but too good for us imo)

-  Apparently were anticipating offers for Spence, Fry and McNair. Any player who gets sold then the majority of money will be reinvested. (I'd want enough money so we can replace them with 2/3 decent signings) 

- We have a legal case in against Daniel Ayala 😂😂 (Over the merry moon, typical Gibson move)

100% happy with this, money being made available and a tried and trusted manager to spend it. Not too bothered about fry and mcnair, both replaceable, Spence be dissapointed to see go but if he has any sense he'd stay and develop for another year.  Feels good to be interested again as 90% of last season I was just expecting to be turned over every game. 

• Like 1

With the most lopsided squad I can remember in a long time and a consistently shot shy team Warnock managed a 50% win record and took 12 points from 8 games.

That's not far off the heralded 2pts a game. 

And If nothing else his press interview will be fun.

• Like 7