• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

its not about who is the manager and individuals at the end of the day. our priorities are to gel together two sucessful and competent units within the squad , a defensive unit and a midfield unit. if we do this that takes care of 8 of the 11 for the teamsheet. from there we can see which strikers we can plop up front that hopefully can manage a good goal/game ratio, id like a sound keeper too that communicates well and is happy collecting crosses. coaching staff are vital to put in place in our current position..

re that midfield unit i hear lots of cries for a couple of wingers or number 10 types , i believe what we actually are desperate for is a player that links midfield to the forwards and can run or better still dribble with the ball doing so , think back to juninho, merson, tomlin then gaston they were that type and you wouldnt say they are not remembered in a bad way. the nearest weve had in recent seasons were adama , besic and roberts. all of which could be singled out for also having faults to thier play too. look at the sucessful sides and theres a link player that stand out fot them , hernandez at leeds, benarahma at brentford,diangana,wba and before them  cairney, buendia, knocheart, ritchie etc etc. 

Edited by Essuuaitch
  • Like 1
On 7/26/2020 at 11:02 AM, RiseAgainst said:

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money.

Also, quoting the high-value players shows the bad side of his transfer dealings, which is factually accurate but only one side of the story. On the flipside, he signed the following players at Cardiff:

1. Sol Bamba. Would give me a lot more confidence at the heart of our defence than Friend. Signed on a free.

2. Junior Hoilett. How many players in our squad are more skilful? Signed on a free.

3. Neil Etheridge. Quality keeper. Signed on a free.

4. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. A pacy and skilful winger, yet again exposing the myth that Warnock's sides are all about turgid Pulisball. Signed on a free.

5. Callum Paterson. A versatile and highly regarded player. Cost £350,000.

So my concern, and everyone else I've seen's concern with warnock is the state he'll leave the club in when he leaves- particularly in regards to the style of player he's likely to bring in.  have you looked at how the above players have done this season?

Bamba  - 1 start ( yes he's getting on)

Etheridge- 16 starts and replaced 

Mendez Liang - 21 starts

Callum Peterson- 18 starts 

Hoilett- 29 starts

So yeah, they all performed well in a Warnock team but as soon as he's left, only one of them actually starts more than half the games in the league and even he didn't break 30 - how many of the players he signs will be suited to the next manager to come in? Who knows. But we'll likely be back into the same old cycle this time next year if/when we appoint warnock. 

17 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

So my concern, and everyone else I've seen's concern with warnock is the state he'll leave the club in when he leaves- particularly in regards to the style of player he's likely to bring in.  have you looked at how the above players have done this season?

Bamba  - 1 start ( yes he's getting on)

Etheridge- 16 starts and replaced 

Mendez Liang - 21 starts

Callum Peterson- 18 starts 

Hoilett- 29 starts

So yeah, they all performed well in a Warnock team but as soon as he's left, only one of them actually starts more than half the games in the league and even he didn't break 30 - how many of the players he signs will be suited to the next manager to come in? Who knows. But we'll likely be back into the same old cycle this time next year if/when we appoint 

I think Neil Harris only signed one player since taking over, so the majority,if not all, of the players playing were Warnock signings..

I’m starting to feel uneasy that it’s not Warnock and Gibson hasn’t got anyone else lined up! Can’t understand why it wouldn’t have been announced straight away if Warnock was staying. I just don’t trust Gibson after last summer! 

2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I’m starting to feel uneasy that it’s not Warnock and Gibson hasn’t got anyone else lined up! Can’t understand why it wouldn’t have been announced straight away if Warnock was staying. I just don’t trust Gibson after last summer! 

Stay optimistic 🙂 If it's not announced this PM or tomorrow AM, then start panicking.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Stay optimistic 🙂 If it's not announced this PM or tomorrow AM, then start panicking.

Maybe Neil needs to discuss it with his wife...I carry the scars from the last decision I made without discussing it with the wife first

• Haha 1

I thought that Warnock was on his holidays, maybe he’s in Spain and will need to be in quarantine For 14 days before he’s announced.

Come to think of it, would the club make an announcement when technically he’s already our manager?