oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I thought that Warnock was on his holidays, maybe he’s in Spain and will need to be in quarantine For 14 days before he’s announced.

Come to think of it, would the club make an announcement when technically he’s already our manager?

There would surely at least be something in the gazette about it you would expect even if it wasn’t an official club announcement 

• Like 1
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

Don't ask me why it hasn't been announced yet (typical Boro I suppose), but Warnock agreed and signed contracts last week when his wife was down visiting and has now gone away for a few days.

He's left Gibson with list of targets to pursue and the task to the sort out the contracts for his backroom staff.

I have no idea when it will be announced, I was just informed 'shortly' but personally I would of hoped by the end of the week.

Any other club when contracts were signed would announce it and then the manager would go on holiday.

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Well the season starts in around 56 days time.  Lol

47 days and counting to Sat 12th Sept. 46 days if we are selected as the live game on the Friday evening.

11 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Don't ask me why it hasn't been announced yet (typical Boro I suppose), but Warnock agreed and signed contracts last week when his wife was down visiting and has now gone away for a few days.

He's left Gibson with list of targets to pursue and the task to the sort out the contracts for his backroom staff.

I have no idea when it will be announced, I was just informed 'shortly' but personally I would of hoped by the end of the week.

Any other club when contracts were signed would announce it and then the manager would go on holiday.

@diggerlad07  how long was the contract for?

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Edited 58 minutes ago by diggerlad07

Thanks for the info @diggerlad07. I like Warnock...I love his passion. He seems genuinely excited by the job.

4 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

So my concern, and everyone else I've seen's concern with warnock is the state he'll leave the club in when he leaves- particularly in regards to the style of player he's likely to bring in.  have you looked at how the above players have done this season?

Bamba  - 1 start ( yes he's getting on)

Etheridge- 16 starts and replaced 

Mendez Liang - 21 starts

Callum Peterson- 18 starts 

Hoilett- 29 starts

So yeah, they all performed well in a Warnock team but as soon as he's left, only one of them actually starts more than half the games in the league and even he didn't break 30 - how many of the players he signs will be suited to the next manager to come in? Who knows. But we'll likely be back into the same old cycle this time next year if/when we appoint warnock. 

Well that was always going to be an issue if we are going with Warnock. He's not going to stick around for a long time, so any players he brings in may not be what the next manager is looking for.

However, we don't yet know who he wants to bring in...or indeed who we actually end up signing.

Think its a bit premature to be worrying already about what kind of team we're going to have post-Warnock. As long as he leaves us with a better team than he inherited, we can't complain too much.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:02 AM, RiseAgainst said:

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money.

Also, quoting the high-value players shows the bad side of his transfer dealings, which is factually accurate but only one side of the story. On the flipside, he signed the following players at Cardiff:

1. Sol Bamba. Would give me a lot more confidence at the heart of our defence than Friend. Signed on a free.

2. Junior Hoilett. How many players in our squad are more skilful? Signed on a free.

3. Neil Etheridge. Quality keeper. Signed on a free.

4. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. A pacy and skilful winger, yet again exposing the myth that Warnock's sides are all about turgid Pulisball. Signed on a free.

5. Callum Paterson. A versatile and highly regarded player. Cost £350,000.

In other words, for one week's worth of Mesut Ozil wages, Warnock brought in five players who played a key role in Cardiff getting promoted to the Premier League, and who are arguably better than any players Boro have in comparable positions. Is that such a bad legacy to leave behind if (and I'm not accepting this is a definitive 'when') he leaves after one season in charge?

In an ideal world, Steve Gibson would pause in front of his shaving mirror, realise the utter futility of his previous approach to football, and immediately put an ad on Gumtree for a director of football. But he's never going to do that. Instead, MFC will continue to drift according to the whims of our manager of the day. And on that basis, I nail my colours to Warnock's mast. He got an unfashionable Cardiff side to the Premier League scoring lots of goals, and I genuinely believe he can get us into the play-offs. After staring into the abyss of League One following several years of abysmal non-entertainment, I'd give my eye teeth to see him replicate that feat here.

Every single player you've mentioned there is on sizeable wages.  If the £10K max thing has any truth to it then we could have signed precisely none of them.  No transfer fee doesn't equal cheap transfers.  In the season that Warnock got Cardiff promoted, their wage bill went up by about £6m to a figure that is higher than our wage bill was last season.  There was nothing cheap about what he did there.  Hoilet would be our second highest paid player if he came here, behind Assombalonga, and the others wouldn't be too far behind him.

Gazette and Echo both running a story that has been uploaded in last hour that decision expected on Warnock by end of week.

Both state he been offered chance to remain and will let Steve Gibson know before weekend if he staying on.