oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

I'd expect a few signings over the next few days now. Hopefully we can hit the ground running.

I like the idea of Warnock pitching up at Gibbo's gaff uninvited and laying down the law to him.

In my head that's what happened.

• Haha 4
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

If you'd have asked me before Woodgate got the chop if I'd be happy with Warnock, I'd have said no. I would have said he was too similar to Pulis. But he won me over in the games he managed. I know we lost as many as we won under Warnock, but I saw of couple of positives. First, the football was way better than under Pulis. Pulisball was effective, but it was bloody hard to watch. I thought we played some good stuff in the games we won. Also, he seemed to get more out of Britt than we've seen previously. Pulis seemed to destroy his confidence. I also love his energy. He seems like a genuine bloke, who really can't be away from the game (I can't imagine him enjoying pottering around his house with his missus).

• Like 2

I think it's a sensible appointment given the circumstances.  Our first competitive game of next season is less than seven weeks away.  Trying to find a new manager, rebuild the squad and implement a new playing style (which seem to be the three things people were wanting) would have been unrealistic in the time available. I think Warnock will be able to stabilise us - we were in freefall before he came.  I am not expecting us to be challenging for promotion next season (Cardiff had much better foundations when Warnock took over there) but I also don't expect us to still be fighting for survival on the final day of the season.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I'd expect a few signings over the next few days now. Hopefully we can hit the ground running.

I like the idea of Warnock pitching up at Gibbo's gaff uninvited and laying down the law to him.

In my head that's what happened.

3am in the Gibson household

Steve's sleep is interrupted by the need to answer the call of nature. He groggily rises and shuffles to his bathroom.

A noise from downstairs brings him to a halt. Steves blood runs cold at the sound of broken glass. Someone is down there. Who? Why? How?

He creeps down the staircase. Eyes scanning the darkness for signs of the intruder. Have they come to rob him? Has Mel Morris turned up for a fight to the death? Has Keith Lamb come to take back his fax machine?

Steve's fear grows as he enters the dining room. He can feel a mysterious presence lurking inside.

A lamp light flicks on. It reveals Warnock, sitting comfortably at the table. He has a pint of bitter in his hand and is dressed head to toe in MFC official 2021 Hummel Training gear.

After a moment of silence between them, Warnock begins to speak.

"Ey up son" he says softly. "Come have a seat and let's chat. I need to tell ya about a man called Sol Bamba."

SCENE ENDS

• Haha 6
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

That's that then

Think it is a bit unfair to call our new signings tools before we even know who they are....but then again we have had a few on the books over the last few seasons

I’m not disappointed with Warnock, but a one year contract doesn’t scream that Gibson is going for promotion. I think Warnock will be tasked with righting the ship and setting up for the next manager - on the cheap, unfortunately. He will probably sign better players than the last few managers and have some input into the longer term transfer plans, but I really think no one should be expecting miracles. We’ve got an appalling squad and have lost most of the experienced players. Compare us to Watford or Bournemouth (or even dirty leeds) and you can see how far away we are from a promotion team. Gibson will be hoping that the football league bring in a wage cap so we can compete in a year or two - but I really wouldn’t expect him to find a huge transfer budget.

I've said it a few times now, but looking forward to Warnock leaving at the end of the season after we fail to get promoted and we're left with a bunch of players with little to no re-sale value.

It doesn't matter how great a manager Warnock is, this squad needs a massive overhaul to be even remotely competitive and I don't think we can afford to assemble such a squad in a short space of time.

We have to get the big earners off the books first, and the likes of George Friend being offered a new contract isn't exactly comforting.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've said it a few times now, but looking forward to Warnock leaving at the end of the season after we fail to get promoted and we're left with a bunch of players with little to no re-sale value.

It doesn't matter how great a manager Warnock is, this squad needs a massive overhaul to be even remotely competitive and I don't think we can afford to assemble such a squad in a short space of time.

We have to get the big earners off the books first, and the likes of George Friend being offered a new contract isn't exactly comforting.

That book isn't wrote yet, so give the bloke a chance.

Sick of hearing you complain. you're just about the most negative poster on here.

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

That book isn't wrote yet, so give the bloke a chance.

Sick of hearing you complain. you're just about the most negative poster on here.

I will give Warnock a chance, I just know how bad the squad is.

Likewise, you annoy me with your constant rose-tinted optimism. I prefer to see myself as a realist.