oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

Can I just say how embarrassing the gazette is and that honestly people should take what they read as a pinch of salt :

17.37 Yesterday - They wrote an article stating nothing had been agreed and Warnock was pondering his offer with a decision due end of the week.

21.00 Yesterday - They wrote an article stating that Warnock shook hands with Gibson after Thursdays meeting and agreed a 1year contract, leaving Gibson with a list of targets and other bits and pieces and announcement due early next week.

Just over 4hrs between articles and they completely did U-TURN 😂😂.

I'm not suggesting or saying 'I told you so' but this just highlights how inept the paper has become and how they write articles based on opinions or from reading notice boards rather than facts which leaves them looking rather silly.

The information I had on Friday was very reliable once again, and it wouldn't of took long for the reporter on here to ask the questions from someone within the club if they had close contacts. This just highlights once again how far the gazette and MFC are from rebuilding a relationship of trust.

• Like 7
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

For all said and done we now have a pretty good idea as to what direction the club SHOULD go.

A year from now we might all be wanting a further extension!

I can live with it let's face it we need some wise guidance

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Can I just say how embarrassing the gazette is and that honestly people should take what they read as a pinch of salt :

17.37 Yesterday - They wrote an article stating nothing had been agreed and Warnock was pondering his offer with a decision due end of the week.

21.00 Yesterday - They wrote an article stating that Warnock shook hands with Gibson after Thursdays meeting and agreed a 1year contract, leaving Gibson with a list of targets and other bits and pieces and announcement due early next week.

Just over 4hrs between articles and they completely did U-TURN 😂😂.

I'm not suggesting or saying 'I told you so' but this just highlights how inept the paper has become and how they write articles based on opinions or from reading notice boards rather than facts which leaves them looking rather silly.

The information I had on Friday was very reliable once again, and it wouldn't of took long for the reporter on here to ask the questions from someone within the club if they had close contacts. This just highlights once again how far the gazette and MFC are from rebuilding a relationship of trust.

As long as the "news" comes out I am really not bothered tbh.

I think the EG and NW will have a better relationship moving on

• Like 2

The Gazette like you said last night would have been told on Friday but asked not to publish. But as it started leaking they were told it was ok to publish. The Echo obviously didn't get the 2nd memo.

It's been obvious for years that Vickers gets the nod from Gibbo. He even said once that Gibson texts him when we've signed someone.

That access comes with rules. It's easy for someone on here to share gossip - there is no professional comeback. But people at the Gazette have lost their jobs for it in the past. 

So please carry on sharing, but there's no need to use it as a dig at the local paper.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, edinboro said:

The Gazette like you said last night would have been told on Friday but asked not to publish. But as it started leaking they were told it was ok to publish. The Echo obviously didn't get the 2nd memo.

It's been obvious for years that Vickers gets the nod from Gibbo. He even said once that Gibson texts him when we've signed someone.

That access comes with rules. It's easy for someone on here to share gossip - there is no professional comeback. But people at the Gazette have lost their jobs for it in the past. 

So please carry on sharing, but there's no need to use it as a dig at the local paper.

It's only a dig because of the complete U-Turn like they did last summer with the Woodgate appointment and stories reference Pulis.

People take gospel what the gazette writes and this just highlights once again why I don't think they should because they always write misinformed opinion stories.

My point is that they won't of been told any information on Friday so decided to publish an opinion based article which was completely wrong and decided to do a U-turn 4hrs later. 

If they had the same information as me and lurker on friday they wouldn't of initially published a complete nonsense story that contradicted to what we shared.

This isn't about believing me, lurker or anyone else with information. It's more about time that people realize that the gazette are a shambles of a newspaper who only publish articles which they think the club want them to publish.

Please tell me a time since they had a fallout over the whole Karanka episode, when did the gazette publish a negative article in regards to MFC? The editors are scared to death of Steve Gibson.

I personally know people working for the gazette and the northern echo btw and I know that they are only following instructions so I am not blaming the writers at all.

• Like 4

A simple way to read this is nothing actually changed with the article last night. The formal announcement will still be next week. Everyone with a brain knew it was going to be Warnock - there wasn't even a betting market on it.

The EG just firmed up their previous article once others started running with it.

They are bound by Gibson, but it's a business and their jobs rely on it. Just ask Jonathan Taylor.

It's the same in Manchester. Fergie threatened to not talk to the MEN if they shared their archive with Michael Crick when he was writing a book. We are not unique.

• Like 1

The Gazette and MFC have had  a symbiotic relationship for Donkey's years. Before the net The Gazette was one of the most profitable and popular evening papers in the UK, A lot of the readership was  driven by the reporting of Middlesbrough FC. All newspapers have declined since the net, even more so  for the Gazette. Also the takeover by Trinity Mirror has just about finished the Gazette off, along with turning it into a crappy tabloid.

• Like 1

@diggerlad07 no offence but I don't think the article they put up last night had anything to do with what you posted on here. A sky sports reporter posted not long after the initial gazette article saying it was close to being agreed and that warnock had given a list of players - most likely what's happened is that the gazette reached out to the club to confirm and they were given the go ahead to put that story up.

Doesn't detract from your main point though, the paper is absolutely a press release tool for the club, its not journalism. 

24 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

@diggerlad07 no offence but I don't think the article they put up last night had anything to do with what you posted on here. A sky sports reporter posted not long after the initial gazette article saying it was close to being agreed and that warnock had given a list of players - most likely what's happened is that the gazette reached out to the club to confirm and they were given the go ahead to put that story up.

Doesn't detract from your main point though, the paper is absolutely a press release tool for the club, its not journalism. 

Yeah it is what I heard yesterday, that the reason they came out with the story at 9pm was because the bigger papers/sites got hold of the news so they had to push the story out. 

Just the club making them look daft, from what I can tell. Again, not the first time. The price of being first to the information is releasing it when the club lets you.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Just the club making them look daft, from what I can tell. Again, not the first time. The price of being first to the information is releasing it when the club lets you.

Which is all well and good - when you actually are first to the info. I can't remember the last time they broke a story that no one else had picked up on first, whether that's itkers or the national papers. Only one I can really think of in recent times was the nmecha deal. 

I love bashing the usually awful, useless and toothless blokes at the Gazette but on this they're just operating as normal Vickers texting back and forth with Gibson probably got told there's no waiting around going on they shook on an agreement last Thursday as a way to downplay the stranger story from earlier yesterday I don't really see the problem.

The initial story yesterday made absolutely no sense to me to be honest the main leak we got out of Thursday was Warnock wanting Kieffer Moore not sure that would have leaked as it did if he told Gibson he needed a week in Cornwall to consider his options...

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/middlesbrough-agree-permanent-warnock-deal

Some interesting bits in there on what sort of leeway Warnock's been given. There's alot of talk about him working on transfer targets for weeks which is promising I know he was openly speaking about saying he wanted to have new bodies in before pre season it's all very proactive from him which would make a nice change for us. If he's really got the latitude to overhaul our scouting department I hope that means a new hire coming into it, Gary Gill's laptop and university interns have had enough chances with us somehow that's survived the previous 2 overhauls would love to get fresh voices behind the scenes on the scouting side. As for Woodgate I'd give him the U12s he has the experience of managing a childrens football team he can do minimum damage there and he probably needs a less visible role for a few years if he's sticking around I see alot of talk of people saying he could be a head scout but I don't know this is a bloke who spent last summer chasing Nmecha thinking he was a special talent and crowed like we'd signed Juninho when we got him eventually in January.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yeah it is what I heard yesterday, that the reason they came out with the story at 9pm was because the bigger papers/sites got hold of the news so they had to push the story out. 

People are forgetting that there initial story was completely false thoughts