• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

Eighty years ago on his first European campaign, my dad and his mates targeted a few victories and hoped to smash the opposing team....seventy five years ago on his second away trip, he had more success.....sometimes plans work, sometimes they don't ..but the management team, the squad and the tactics needed improvement to achieve it..comments that were made by leaders in the run up were later twisted by those that came afterwards....but nobody gave up and said "We're Doomed"  they said "this time next year ........  

7 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:
8 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've said it a few times now, but looking forward to Warnock leaving at the end of the season after we fail to get promoted and we're left with a bunch of players with little to no re-sale value.

It doesn't matter how great a manager Warnock is, this squad needs a massive overhaul to be even remotely competitive and I don't think we can afford to assemble such a squad in a short space of time.

We have to get the big earners off the books first, and the likes of George Friend being offered a new contract isn't exactly comforting.

That book isn't wrote yet, so give the bloke a chance.

Sick of hearing you complain. you're just about the most negative poster on here.

And the most argumentative as well 👎

I just think it's a bit tone-deaf  for the club to say we are targeting promotion after just having a relegation battle and about to have a massive turn over of players. 

I get it could be that Warnocks ultimate aim would be promotion but I just think it creates unrealistic expectations that likely won't happen.

23 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Absolutely shameless plug for the airport in that article!

"The Boro boss has now jetted off to his Cornwall base from Teesside International Airport, taking full advantage of the new service to Newquay" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Whoever wrote that quote needs to remember that they only need to kiss the boot, and not deepthroat it 😂

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

I just think it's a bit tone-deaf  for the club to say we are targeting promotion after just having a relegation battle and about to have a massive turn over of players. 

I get it could be that Warnocks ultimate aim would be promotion but I just think it creates unrealistic expectations that likely won't happen.

Agreed on that - just means the bar is set very high and the team won't be allowed to settle before they start getting pelters if not in the play off chance come November.

Might be a good thing to have no fans in the stadium!

4 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

Certainly could be construed as that but it also could go a long way to helping us if we're aiming for promotion and trying to sign players for it. Don't think our options will be great when the gaffer will be gone in a year unless we're actually trying to go up this season. Especially as we might not be putting big wages on the table, we're gonna need to do a good job convincing players we're ready to go for promotion this year.

• Like 2

I think Neil Warnock could get a tune out of a punctured cow, so I'm sure he'll fancy a stab at the play-offs with the likes of Tav, Spence, Fletcher and Fry joined by players who he knows and trusts.

I bet his calls to Steve Gibson are along the lines of:

"Steve, it's Neil. Have you signed Gunter yet?"

"Steve, me again. Have you signed Gunter yet?"

"Steve, I've just had a Ginsters. Have you signed Gunter yet?"

"Steve, the Ginsters is on its way to the sewage works. Have you signed Gunter yet?"

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

you mean the comment that was twisted and taken completely out of context? can you blame him?

Can you enlighten me here, please? 

I might be the carrier of he said she said bs .. 

Edited by SmogDane

The Gazette are a professional news organisation, while diggerlad, like the rest of us, is just some daft bugger on the internet.  In this case trying to make himself look good at the Gazette's expense 🙄  The Gazette didn't do a complete U-turn.  A complete U-turn would be them saying that Warnock wasn't getting the job and then saying that he had it.  The question is, if the deal was agreed last week then why did the club, not the Gazette, want to wait to announce it?  I assume the reason was to give Warnock his week's holiday and then have him back up here for the announcement and press conference etc, which seems fair enough to me, as does the Gazette going along with it.  Once the story was going to break nationally then the Gazette had to move to do it themselves.  There are certainly things to be critical of the Gazette about but this doesn't appear to be one of them.  Of course they knew that Warnock had the job, they simply weren't going to say so until the club was ready to go with their own announcement.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

The old “we want to smash the league” not we “are going to smash the league” type of situation 

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

The statement that “We want to smash the league” note he said ‘want’ and not ‘will’. Spoken on the weekend of relegation still full of emotion and even tho he hired a manager that about 95% of us wanted and give him all the resources necessary for success people still use it as a stick to beat him with that it didn’t happen

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The statement that “We want to smash the league” note he said ‘want’ and not ‘will’. Spoken on the weekend of relegation still full of emotion and even tho he hired a manager that about 95% of us wanted and give him all the resources necessary for success people still use it as a stick to beat him with that it didn’t happen

I'm sure Steve can handle it.

Want or will makes no difference.  The aim was clear and we did actually fail to achieve it.

I think the great thing about Warnocks appointment is that Warnock commands respect from Gibson and the scouting team. I think this is a direct contrast to Woodgate, who I think would have been fobbed off at times. 

I’m excited to see who he brings in. 

• Like 6