oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up

-------------------Bamford

Traore----------Fischer-------------Stuani

----------Clayton--------Forshaw

Friend-----Gibbo-----Ayala--------Fabio

----------------------Dimi

Could've had that team without spending a penny and a manager that got play off final and automatic promotion in his only 2 full seasons in the championship

Unforgivable decision making from January 2017 onwards tbh

• Like 10
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up

Could've had that team without spending a penny and a manager that got play off final and automatic promotion in his only 2 full seasons in the championship

Oh boy, I still cannot fathom we didn't play Stuani as a striker ..Ā  He would have had at least 15 .. a season .. He had his share from a right wing, which was a square peg in a round hole ..Ā 

He has scored Ā SEVENTY goals in 103 games for Girona since he left us ..Ā 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Stuani's goal against Sunderland in the PL was a thing of beauty. It was only beaten for me that season by Ramirez's box-to-box slalom against Bournemouth.

I agree, Stuani would have been far more productive in his preferred position. To think we shipped him out and brought Gestede in...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It has been pretty depressing supporting the Boro this season, now all of a sudden it is quite exciting to be a Boro fan, obviously a lotĀ of changes coming. I am really looking forward to the new season starting now, i don't think it will be a boring season.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Ā 

Ā 

"When you have a contract with a player you simply can't end it, it has to work its way through."

It's good after all these years that he's recognised that.

• Haha 2

Gibson often says departing managers or assistants are ā€œterrificā€ guys and he wants them to stay at the club. Hopefully this is another Venus or Agnew. Surely Woodgate would have a bit more self respect thanĀ to stay on as U21 coach or something like that? He needs to leave the club and find something elsewhere like he did under Karanka.Ā 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I think AK would have resigned if we had gone down.

When we lost play off final he said something down the lines of "after such a hard season which ended in failure i was not sure if I had it in me to do it all again over 46 games but am glad I stayed".

The chance of remaining after relegation would have imo been at best very slim.

The decision to sack AK was not the fatal one. Its the two that followed which were. Thinking Agnew could save us when we still had a good chance of survival was beyond stupid.

Then given Monk 4 months in charge after splashing Ā£50m gave the word incompetent a whole new meaning.Ā 

19 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Gibson often says departing managers or assistants are ā€œterrificā€ guys and he wants them to stay at the club. Hopefully this is another Venus or Agnew. Surely Woodgate would have a bit more self respect thanĀ to stay on as U21 coach or something like that? He needs to leave the club and find something elsewhere like he did under Karanka.Ā 

Yeah think for the club moving forwards we need to push Woodgate out. And in Woodgate's best interests he needs to get out and manage at a National League/League 2 Level to cut his teeth properly.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I agree with your comments about Gibson praising each departing manager but I actually think Woodgates strength lies in working with youngsters. Its the one part of his reign he got right and he talks sense when discussing youngsters.