oneBoro Forum
LinoJo3

Candidates for our next manager...

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It sounds to me like you have a vendetta 🤭

I best go and see someone about it.... Not healthy at all 😂😂

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Wasn't that earlier though, in the summer?  He was offered the Asst Manager role, Keane was offered coach and Leo was offered GK coach after they'd all been lead to believe that they were being brought in for DoF, Asst Manager and First team coach respectively?  Woodgate wasn't even part of it all, he was just walking along a corridor on the hunt for a bacon butty when he got dragged into the meeting and given the Manager's job.  Smoggydownsouth told me that diggerlad told him that 👍

Yeah that was in the summer, but woody had already got that. Round just refused to work with him. Wouldn't be surprised if woody was just getting a lucozade out the vending machine though

Person I was told who had been offered to help was McClaren.

I didn’t and don’t believe it though

Lee Johnson is now available.  Hadn't expected that so near the end of the season.

21 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

No thanks 

Personally, I think that's the type of appointment we would make but I feel an experienced coach is what's needed once again in the summer because the rebuild is going to absolutely massive and essential for this football club.

Warnock or Pearson I'd like to see take on the task. 

6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Personally, I think that's the type of appointment we would make but I feel an experienced coach is what's needed once again in the summer because the rebuild is going to absolutely massive and essential for this football club.

Warnock or Pearson I'd like to see take on the task. 

Agree. Id like Warnock to stay if he pulls the great escape off. 

I hope to God that we're nowhere near Warnock once this season is done with, but I suspect he'll be here 👎

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'd want Johnson either.  It was just a comment that he was now available (which I probably hadn't made clear).

I think the question is more like being asked “ what would you do if you won the lottery “

Why would people want to fall into the same trap of Warnock? A limited team who ultimately would have no ability to change the way it plays when Warnock inevitably leaves?

An experienced manager is the only way forward, but surely one who isn’t only going to stay for one year? 

Chris Hughton? Jokanovic? Would they be out of our reach now?

15 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Why would people want to fall into the same trap of Warnock? A limited team who ultimately would have no ability to change the way it plays when Warnock inevitably leaves?

An experienced manager is the only way forward, but surely one who isn’t only going to stay for one year? 

Chris Hughton? Jokanovic? Would they be out of our reach now?

Yes I think

I'd want Hughton, but he won't come here. I'd have Karanka back, but I don't think he'd be taken on again.

It's going to be an interesting summer whether we stay up or not.

But I do think it will be Warnock if we do stay up.

• Like 1