Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LinoJo3

Candidates for our next manager...

Recommended Posts

Our new manager appointment this summer could be the biggest Gibson has had to make, were still counting the cost of having Pulis and his kick and run players and if we sign Warnock it will nock us back even further. The problem with Pulis and Warnock is that there old school with tactics and playing style, and in 12 months if Warnock leaves we will back back in this exact position, there is just no sense or positive reason to give Warnock the job.

Its time now for the clear out, to get in a manager with experience who has a clear vision and playing style that everybody can get on board with.

I'm not saying get Karanka back but he's the best example I can give of what I'm trying to say, love him or hate him he came here with a vision and clear idea if how he wanted to play and set up and it worked perfectly, Gibson needs to look at that appointment and use it in getting our next manager

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mj south said:

Our new manager appointment this summer could be the biggest Gibson has had to make, were still counting the cost of having Pulis and his kick and run players and if we sign Warnock it will nock us back even further. The problem with Pulis and Warnock is that there old school with tactics and playing style, and in 12 months if Warnock leaves we will back back in this exact position, there is just no sense or positive reason to give Warnock the job.

Its time now for the clear out, to get in a manager with experience who has a clear vision and playing style that everybody can get on board with.

I'm not saying get Karanka back but he's the best example I can give of what I'm trying to say, love him or hate him he came here with a vision and clear idea if how he wanted to play and set up and it worked perfectly, Gibson needs to look at that appointment and use it in getting our next manager

Brilliant post, I said the exact same thing in the Bristol city thread yesterday.

I would go for someone like Nigel Pearson as he's in the middle of experience ladder and we could have a plan with him for the 3/4 seasons.

We don't have a identity and haven't for a long while. We play the same s**t hoof ball no matter who is in charge with these players so ideal opportunity to put foundations in place for the future.

Pearson/Houghton someone of the calibre for me. Pearson contract ends in the summer and can't see Watford extending it regardless if they stay up or not.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Brilliant post, I said the exact same thing in the Bristol city thread yesterday.

I would go for someone like Nigel Pearson as he's in the middle of experience ladder and we could have a plan with him for the 3/4 seasons.

We don't have a identity and haven't for a long while. We play the same s**t hoof ball no matter who is in charge with these players so ideal opportunity to put foundations in place for the future.

Pearson/Houghton someone of the calibre for me. Pearson contract ends in the summer and can't see Watford extending it regardless if they stay up or not.

I would love Pearson here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would Pearson even come here? He’s done fairly well with watford

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Brilliant post, I said the exact same thing in the Bristol city thread yesterday.

I would go for someone like Nigel Pearson as he's in the middle of experience ladder and we could have a plan with him for the 3/4 seasons.

We don't have a identity and haven't for a long while. We play the same s**t hoof ball no matter who is in charge with these players so ideal opportunity to put foundations in place for the future.

Pearson/Houghton someone of the calibre for me. Pearson contract ends in the summer and can't see Watford extending it regardless if they stay up or not.

I think with Pearson you have named the ideal candidate, knows the league, knows how to set up a successful Championship side and plays good football. Plus I reckon he would get the fans on side too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Would Pearson even come here? He’s done fairly well with watford

His contract is only till the end of the season and I can't see Watford extending it personally as they love a foreign manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Would Pearson even come here? He’s done fairly well with watford

They are trigger happy Watford but usually at the middle of season, not at the end. Id suggest Pearson job is safe and why would he want to switch from Watford in a good building position to boro in a horrid position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pearson would be a good shout. He might like the opportunity to build from scratch and mould a team in his own shape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

@diggerlad07 completely agree. I just expect Warnock to be offerd it and given it 😑

Yeah unfortunately the word is that if we stay up Warnock has already agreed to staying on. I just feel it's the same old mistake that we are doing for the sake of a year.... Especially when when it's an ideal time to put foundations in place with a whole new group of players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@diggerlad07. Pearson and Houghton are the two stand out candidates.

I think if Pearson keeps Watford up which is looking likelu he will get a new deal and then be sacked before Xmas as Watford are not known for their patience.

My hope is Bristol caretaker boss keeps doing a fantastic job and gets their job full time as reports suggest Houghton keen to go Bristol and he will given the chance choose them over us.

I can fully get behind either Pearson or Houghton. Warnock would be my 3rd choice if other two dont come.

P.S: All the above is based on us staying up which is a huge IF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah unfortunately the word is that if we stay up Warnock has already agreed to staying on. I just feel it's the same old mistake that we are doing for the sake of a year.... Especially when when it's an ideal time to put foundations in place with a whole new group of players.

We may well not stay up.  I've been saying for months that Gibson's plan to review Woody's position at the March international break (with 8 games left to play) if we were in danger of being relegated was leaving it too late for a new manager to save us from the drop.  He made the change with 8 games left, but the condensed schedule has meant even less time for the new manager to get us playing better. The change needed to be made much earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those who have touted Pearson for next manager defo a good shout, knows the club knows the league and I'm certain Big Nige wouldn't  be a yes man for Gibson and his not so merry men.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the transfer kitty, but I feel like Pearson could be tempted if there was a big one.

Obviously depends on whether Watford don't renew his contract. But he may fancy waiting for the next PL sacking instead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

His contract is only till the end of the season and I can't see Watford extending it personally as they love a foreign manager.

Wonder if they'll consider giving Sanchez Flores another go? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...