• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ayresome7 said:

Karanka is being linked with Valencia. Birmingham have 25m to spend after the sale of Bellingham. Interesting if Ayala follows him there with Clayton. 

I think one of the the ex Watford managers Javi Gracia is lined up for the Valencia gig.

3 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Karanka is being linked with Valencia. Birmingham have 25m to spend after the sale of Bellingham. Interesting if Ayala follows him there with Clayton. 

I'll make a few bets here:

Firstly, Karanka will not be the next Valencia manager.

Secondly, Birmingham won't have £25m to spend.

• Like 4

Hughton ha gone to Bristol city btw. Not sure if it was mentioned yesterday. 

We’re lined up Warnock anyway but I know some people mentioned Hughton as an alternative option. 

8 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

We’re lined up Warnock anyway but I know some people mentioned Hughton as an alternative option. 

Good appointment

12 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

He’s in talks with them, but nothing confirmed 

I don’t see Warnock staying for more than a year and I am praying that Gibson can see that a maximum of a year is just masking the issue that we need to face a year down the line, which makes Warnock the wrong choice.  

How could you recruit a new squad for a manager who is on a year contract? Surely we would just be in this position when Warnock left, but with more players on the pay roll? 

Then we hunt for a new manager and low and behold, we then shift on the Warnock wanderers because they don’t fit the new guys style or tactics? 

Am i going crazy or is the Warnock option getting less appealing each day?

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I don’t see Warnock staying for more than a year and I am praying that Gibson can see that a maximum of a year is just masking the issue that we need to face a year down the line, which makes Warnock the wrong choice.  

How could you recruit a new squad for a manager who is on a year contract? Surely we would just be in this position when Warnock left, but with more players on the pay roll? 

Then we hunt for a new manager and low and behold, we then shift on the Warnock wanderers because they don’t fit the new guys style or tactics? 

Am i going crazy or is the Warnock option getting less appealing each day?

It was never really appeasing after this season. Neither was extending Pulis’ contract after his surrender show in the playoffs. But we haven’t got a capable football man at the club so decisions get made by putting names into a maze and see which name the lab mouse picks.