• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

That you want? or do you know something?

Sadly not. Warnock is staying by all accounts. Which isnt bad. Just think Karanka gets us up again.

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Sadly not. Warnock is staying by all accounts. Which isnt bad. Just think Karanka gets us up again.

How abouts NW behind the scenes with AK in the dugout 😬

27 minutes ago, Weasel said:

From most wanted to least.

Realistic:

Karanka (maybe not realistic)

Lee Johnson

Cowley brothers

Karl Robinson

Warnock

Pearson

Unrealistic:

Hughton

Markus Weinzierl

van Bommel

Marco Silva

Each to they own but I find it strange you want Lee Johnson, Cowley brothers and Karl Robinson ahead of manager who has endless promotions and success in the championship.

Warnock has got teams up on far less than what Lee Johnson has spent at Bristol City where he has failed to even make 6th. The hype of Cowley brothers I am also at a slight loss to explain given they did ok but not great at Huddersfield. Karl Robinson - there is nothing to suggest a manager whose sole success has come at leagues below championship would be a success at our club where the budget is very tight. 

Our club in its current state does NOT require a risky manager with potential. It requires an experienced head to settle the ship. Woodgate struggled with the changes to the playing squad we made last summer and if you think them changes were aplenty then it will be nothing like the turnover we can expect this summer.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I am interested to hear what you would like to see happen at the club for next appointment?

I really don't know what I want tbh with you. Well I know what I want, I want all the rubbish that was spouted last summer about Woodgate to actually be true, I want us to try and play attractive attacking football with a focus on younger players. I'd like us to revisit scouting and signing from Europe because (at least in the championship) we were reasonably good at it and it cost us a lot less than signing players exclusively from the British Isles.

I don't really want an old head who has been on the managerial merry-go round for as long as Pearson has. I think I'd like another Karanka style signing, someone coming in with fresh ideas but who has picked up good experience under a good coach.

Edit: My first choice would probably be Reiziger, but I'm open to other young coaches.

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Will said:

I really don't know what I want tbh with you. Well I know what I want, I want all the rubbish that was spouted last summer about Woodgate to actually be true, I want us to try and play attractive attacking football with a focus on younger players. I'd like us to revisit scouting and signing from Europe because (at least in the championship) we were reasonably good at it and it cost us a lot less than signing players exclusively from the British Isles.

I don't really want an old head who has been on the managerial merry-go round for as long as Pearson has. I think I'd like another Karanka style signing, someone coming in with fresh ideas but who has picked up good experience under a good coach.

Edit: My first choice would probably be Reiziger, but I'm open to other young coaches.

Interesting.

I guess you could analyse last summer's spout in many different ways. I didn't see it as the club wanting to go down the youth Avenue, I seen it as we were completely broke and that's the only reason option we had left and to buy league 1 players and hope for the best.

Injuries and circumstances played a massive part in Woody having to select the likes of Spence, Pears, Coulson imo otherwise they would of been put back into the under 23's when things started to get difficult.

I'd love nothing more for us to start buying from Europe again as I like the idea of finding hidden gems at a reasonable price - you only need to look at Leeds, Norwich and Brentford to show that can be done with the right system in place.

Reizeger would be a massive gamble but if he was backed in the market then it's something I think the majority of fans would get on board with but unfortunately I don't see Gibson going down that avenue of a foreign coach for a while.

Ultimately, I think deep down we all know how Mr Gibson works and is going to squander another perfect opportunity to make the right appointment by giving the job to 1 season wonder Warnock. I hope I am wrong but everyone I hear him speak it sounds like he's going to stay providing we stay up.

I can remember last summer and wanting Reiziger out of the candidates. Seems to fit our mould of a gamble but I like him as a person and unlike Woodgate, he has previous experience of managing and being an assistant. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Will said:

My first choice would probably be Reiziger, but I'm open to other young coaches.

I think Reziger is an interesting shout but now is the wrong time for a young Manager to come in especially one from abroad. The Squad is quite literally decimated and the last time it was this thin was back in 1986. Granted it was even worse back then but the scale of trying to stabilise things on the playing side cannot be underestimated let alone the Covid-19 enforced reduced time scale in which to do it. 

Pearson and his team could do it but we also know exactly how it is going to end with him. The only problem is predicting when that end will come, ten weeks, ten months? Warnock can also do it and while we know he is short term we don't have the luxury right now of taking a long term view because of the state the club has been mismanaged down to. There is an immediate predicament which requires an immediate short term fix to plug the many leaks which have become gaping holes. Life is what happens unfortunately when you are busy planning other things especially if it is being planned by misguided albeit well intentioned executives.

In an ideal scenario we would have a DOF putting in a long term plan with a bright young Manager/Coach and likely a succession of them over time as we progress towards a new look Boro. To do that needs solid foundations and a degree of operational safety created by having sound commercial planning none of which is remotely in place at Boro let alone the DOF debate. We saw what happened after the ridiculous farce of appointing Woodgate with the holy trinity of Gibson, Bausor and Bevington deluding themselves. We are in a far worse state now than then largely because of their ineptness, you can't build a sustainable model on those foundations. 

Whoever comes in will have to do it by themselves because other than (hopefully) some financial backing the structure of the club is currently not fit for purpose, riddled with back slapping xenophobic Teesside nepotism. To me Warnock is not the vision I would ideally prefer for Boro but in the current state of the Club from top to bottom worsened by outside economic factors he is exactly what we need to make up some lost ground on the rest of the Championship. Maybe we can go again in a few years time once he stabilises things. It would have been great to do it now but that opportunity was well and truly squandered last Summer, the consequences of which have been predictably devastating.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Each to they own but I find it strange you want Lee Johnson, Cowley brothers and Karl Robinson ahead of manager who has endless promotions and success in the championship.

Warnock has got teams up on far less than what Lee Johnson has spent at Bristol City where he has failed to even make 6th. The hype of Cowley brothers I am also at a slight loss to explain given they did ok but not great at Huddersfield. Karl Robinson - there is nothing to suggest a manager whose sole success has come at leagues below championship would be a success at our club where the budget is very tight. 

Our club in its current state does NOT require a risky manager with potential. It requires an experienced head to settle the ship. Woodgate struggled with the changes to the playing squad we made last summer and if you think them changes were aplenty then it will be nothing like the turnover we can expect this summer.

I have no problem if Warnock gets the job and think he'll do alright, much prefer him over Pearson.

My only concern is that we'll just end up in a situation where we rebuild the whole squad and sign a bunch of players that Warnock likes. One year later and he decides to retire from the sport and we're left with a Warnock squad and the problem of having to find another manager who will want his own players.

I'd love us to go for a foreign manager, but that won't happen again with Gibson in charge. Lee Johnson is a solid, young manager who plays decent football. If we appointed him we can have a three year plan to help get the club where it needs to be.

If Warnock gets the job (which I think he will), then I hope he's in charge of recruitment and not these clowns at our club. Warnock would be higher on my list if we could guarentee he'll stay for more than 1 season.

Edited by Weasel
14 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Lee Johnson is a solid, young manager who plays decent football. If we appointed him we can have a three year plan to help get the club where it needs to be.

He had 3 opportunities to do that with Bristol City, whilst well backed financially and without the significant squad issues we had, and failed to even maintain a play-off spot each time.

No, thank you.

• Like 1

agree with most that Warnock won't benefit the team in long term - though he could help the club in the short term

realistically Pearson or Cook would be solid appointments

the likes of Reiziger, Silva, Houton, etc we're probably below their ambition levels at the moment

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He had 3 opportunities to do that with Bristol City, whilst well backed and without the significant squad issues we had, and failed to even maintain a play-off spot each time.

No thank you.

He was well backed but also made a lot of money. Bought Kodja for £2.5m sold for £12m and sold Bobby Reid, Joe Bryan, Aden Flint (he was mega for them) and made really good loan signings Tammy Abraham springs to mind. He improved the every season bar this one all whilst playing good football. 
The main issue Bristol fans has was his constant tinkering. 
I’m not saying I want him but I wouldn’t throw myself off a bridge if he were to come