Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LinoJo3

Candidates for our next manager...

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

They won't though in the same way they aren't challenged on anything. 

Been the same for years whether its golden thread, moneyball or anyother spin the club put out there.

Should be questioned over the judgement on Orta. 

Yep I’m not too hopeful they will either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Should be questioned over the judgement on Orta. 

Which signings for Leeds has Orta facilitated that have been a major success?

Most of the players were already there, have flopped or are signings that I doubt he was integral in signing. 

Could argue their two keepers, perhaps Helder Costa but he was already in England anyway and Wolves were looking to offload.

They want rid of Augustin and they played Nketiah so little that he was recalled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Which signings for Leeds has Orta facilitated that have been a major success?

Most of the players were already there, have flopped or are signings that I doubt he was integral in signing. 

Could argue their two keepers, perhaps Helder Costa but he was already in England anyway and Wolves were looking to offload.

They want rid of Augustin and they played Nketiah so little that he was recalled.

The weird thing is that Orta must have been at least partly responsible for the crap we signed in the summer before our Premier League season but people still act like the bloke is brilliant.  I don't really see it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The weird thing is that Orta must have been at least partly responsible for the crap we signed in the summer before our Premier League season but people still act like the bloke is brilliant.  I don't really see it myself.

There were a few transfer windows that were a mess. Gill was head of UK but was crowing about de Roon and Fischer. 

I don't think Orta was brilliant but it's hard to think of a good signing since he left and that's a lot of money down the drain pipe. 

I think in comparison Leeds have probably bought "better" over that same time period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

There were a few transfer windows that were a mess. Gill was head of UK but was crowing about de Roon and Fischer. 

I don't think Orta was brilliant but it's hard to think of a good signing since he left and that's a lot of money down the drain pipe. 

I think in comparison Leeds have probably bought "better" over that same time period.

Us having bad at their job doesn't make him good at his job.  He was only here for 18 months and the summer window before the PL season was his main one.  I thought it was an unmitigated disaster myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Warnock to advise Woodgate...🤮

Knowing us, it'll probably be Woodgate advising Warnock 😄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Got to give it to Warnock next season now, haven't you? 

with how quickly next season will come i think it is the sensible thing to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warnock has just been interviewed and i don't know whether i am just misinterpreting it, but it doesn't particularly sound like he is staying on, just offering advice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Got to give it to Warnock next season now, haven't you? 

No.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read Warnock hasn’t asked for a wage over these past few weeks, just wanted to help us out. That can’t be right can it? 
 

If he’s not staying we must have someone lined up. Surely to god. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skinemrippers said:

I read Warnock hasn’t asked for a wage over these past few weeks, just wanted to help us out. That can’t be right can it? 
 

If he’s not staying we must have someone lined up. Surely to god. 

I think it's that he would wait until the end of the season, and we we're safe, before being paid.  Something like that anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

I read Warnock hasn’t asked for a wage over these past few weeks, just wanted to help us out. That can’t be right can it? 
 

If he’s not staying we must have someone lined up. Surely to god. 

I believe what he said is that they hadn't agreed on a payment yet but that he's sure him and Steve will come to some kind of arrangement. Which sounds nice and dodgy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think it's that he would wait until the end of the season, and we we're safe, before being paid.  Something like that anyway.

Ah fair enough. Well he’s earned whatever he wants I’d imagine! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How confident are you guys that we would have been bottom 3 if we kept Woodgate?

I just couldn't see us staying up so I'm very grateful to Warnock! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • What a great result and I loved the lineup! Amazing how we didn’t crumble and let in loads of goals with Roberts in the team. Hopefully he gets more involvement going forward.    nice to see Spence and Johnson doing well and getting some credit too as that hasn’t happened much so far this season. Bringing them on when we are ahead may be a useful tactic given they will be more likely to have space to run into which suits them.    I know Watmore was a bit rusty as we’d expect but I think if he stays fit he could be a real bonus for us this season. 
    • Interesting question really, to which there is no easy answer. I guess it’s probably one of the essential questions of football strategy. Perhaps one of the reasons behind our excellent defensive record (so far) is that we do press, thus containing the opposition in their own half. Although playing the ball around in midfield might open up more options, it does give the other team more time to organise their defence. There is a lot to be said for counter-attacking football – basically the element of surprise – but it is risky because you are playing too much in your own half and over-relying on your defenders. I’m not a great fan of that, however good they are. To be honest, I’m quite happy with the way things are at present. Effectively we scored twice tonight (I don’t count own goals) and we were pretty clinical, which is a welcome change.  
    • Second the counter attacking style, fortunes have changed once I tried to use a high press as opposed to dominating the game with possession on Football Manager 21 haha!
    • I'd agree, with the squad available to us I don't think a full team high press quite works for us. I think sitting deeper, not pressing  as high up and letting the opposition push forwards to open up space behind their defence suits us best, with team in it's current form. Combine this with situational high presses like the first part I mentioned and as you say an emphasis on making the most from set pieces too could well be a real good tactic for us. I do think we have these basics in place already, but as you say a bit more adventure in certain areas could make all these little parts a really effective whole.
    • I'm not a massive fan of the second way and it is the way we've set up more often than not this season. But even with that general tactic I feel like there's better ways of exploiting it and we actually managed it in parts tonight - to me the key is set pieces. It we get the ball up early, do our high press then give the ball asap to Roberts, spence and tav in particular then they will draw fouls and corners. We just need to then be better at capitalising on these opportunities when we get them. It's not pretty but I do think with a couple of tweeks, the major one being more adventurous wing play, we can score a lot more goals in this system than we are.
×
×
  • Create New...