• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

1 hour ago, scotty189 said:

Shorts socks, and blazer I heard 

NEW KIT.....Here's a radical idea saying as I bought the Home & away shirt for this year how about keeping the same kit for the coming season 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

NEW KIT.....Here's a radical idea saying as I bought the Home & away shirt for this year how about keeping the same kit for the coming season 

Not a chance given the already reduced revenues we'll be expecting in a COVID world. We're more likely to have two kits per season than one kit per two seasons. Would go so far as to say it would be a financially irresponsible thing for the club to keep the same kit, unless they'd already made assurances for it elsewhere.

Maybe this will be an unpopular opinion but.. I would quite happily have Aitor Karanka back as manager! He is free and available I am sure he would love a return to the club! 🙂 I know it didn't end well with him but it would be great if him and SG had serious talks and he got handed another shot at the club... We were a solid team to beat in the Championship with AK's playing style

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, ReillyC89 said:

Maybe this will be an unpopular opinion but.. I would quite happily have Aitor Karanka back as manager! He is free and available I am sure he would love a return to the club! 🙂 I know it didn't end well with him but it would be great if him and SG had serious talks and he got handed another shot at the club... We were a solid team to beat in the Championship with AK's playing style

I not sure Karanka would want to come back. His philosophy is to have two quality players for each position we have about 4 quality players full stop. We simply do not have the funds to let him operate the way he did when he was here last

• Like 2

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted)

- Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end of it.😂😂 .  ( Hope he's only 3rd/4th choice)

- Funds have been made available now that the big earners have left.  (Happy with that about time)

- Roberts now unlikely to come back on loan as he has offers elsewhere. (Disappointed but too good for us imo)

-  Apparently were anticipating offers for Spence, Fry and McNair. Any player who gets sold then the majority of money will be reinvested. (I'd want enough money so we can replace them with 2/3 decent signings) 

- We have a legal case in against Daniel Ayala 😂😂 (Over the merry moon, typical Gibson move)

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 11
  • Wow 1
10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly.

- Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end of it.😂😂

- Funds have been made available now that the big earners have left.

- Roberts now unlikely to come back on loan as he has offers elsewhere.

-  Apparently were anticipating offers for Spence, Fry and McNair. Any player who gets sold then the majority of money will be reinvested.

- We have a legal case in against Daniel Ayala 😂😂

Happy with Friend staying on reduced wages and potential coaching role.

Okay with Warnock, at least we know we'll get stability. Any idea how long the contract is?

Hope we don't sell any of those three players.

5 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Okay with Warnock, at least we know we'll get stability. Any idea how long the contract is?

Wasn't quite sure, so I wouldn't like to say on the contract length.

6 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Major rebuild required! Can we even attract good players anymore though!? 😐

1 hour ago, ReillyC89 said:

I would quite happily have Aitor Karanka back as manager! He is free and available I am sure he would love a return to the club! 🙂 

Looks set to sign for Birmingham. Was there for the last game of the season. 

Don't mind Warnock really and not too disappointed if Robert's doesn't return.

• Like 3

Thank you for the information @diggerlad07. Do you know length of Friends contract? I like you hope he stays but ideally as a 2nd choice left back and 4th choice CB as he has shown he a capable understudy in the latter position now. 

Also when you said expect Warnock to be announced shortly? Did you mean later today or as in start of next week?

Thanks for the info @diggerlad07  

If Friend stays on and moves into a coaching role he’ll be our next manager after Warnock! Gibson is so predictable. 

What’s the legal case against Ayala? Refusing to play before his contract ended? Seems Boro don’t have make a meal out of players leaving - lots of issues over the years. Even Schwartzer said the other week he was disappointed just to receive a typed letter of goodbye and thanks after 10 years at the club!