oneBoro Forum

Candidates for our next manager...

40 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Which is all well and good - when you actually are first to the info. I can't remember the last time they broke a story that no one else had picked up on first, whether that's itkers or the national papers. Only one I can really think of in recent times was the nmecha deal. 

The point I was making is more that they probably are first to the information but that doesn't mean they get to publish it when they get it. Which from the outside looking in looks about the same, if not worse, to everyone else. Other papers still have sources and means to retrieve that information, they just don't have to wait for the OK from Chief Editor Gibson.

• Like 1
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warnock deal 100% done and will be announced shortly. (Not the appointment I wanted) - Friend has been offered extension but on significantly reduced terms with possibility of coaching at the end

In fairness, Warnock didn't leave Cardiff that long ago, so it's not like there's been a massive turnover of players. Some of the players he signed might yet move on for big money. Also, quoting

If we were sacking Karanka to replace him with no one and just accept relegation we should have just stuck with Karanka for the championship, I think we'd have bounce straight back up -----------

Posted Images

Weird to hear something from Gibson again .. He hasn't been caught much on camera speaking, after that infamous Smash The League comment 😉

I believe Woodgate's era was the lowest we will ever get and from now on, we can somehow get better in all areas on and off the pitch!

• Like 1

So this is a quote from the article on the MFC website - "The veteran manager already has a record a record eight promotion successes as a manager and will be targeting another on Teesside"

Does that mean the club is actively targeting promotion this season? After the one we've just had? I get it could also be PR spin to sell tickets but you can make statements like that and heighten expectations to then flake on it.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/neil-warnock-to-continue-as-boro-boss

3 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

So this is a quote from the article on the MFC website - "The veteran manager already has a record a record eight promotion successes as a manager and will be targeting another on Teesside"

Does that mean the club is actively targeting promotion this season? After the one we've just had? I get it could also be PR spin to sell tickets but you can make statements like that and heighten expectations to then flake on it.

I absolutely read it like that and if we're not targeting promotion then it makes zero sense to give him the job.

5 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

Only morons would get upset if it didn't happen on the basis of a taking a club statement saying we wanted promotion as a promise.

Much like the smash the league babies who cried in to their pints.

But the target is promotion every season, hopefully this one has better financial backing.

• Like 1

We need players and I’ll be doing my best over the next few weeks to get the right ones,” he said.

“Neil Bausor is helping as well, we’re all singing from the same hymn sheet really in terms of improving the squad. There might have to be sales as well but you don’t know what’s around the corner regarding that.

“It’s important that it’s a lot more structured squad than it has been and there are more options, especially defensive wise.

“We’re trying to change the squad around, and we need a bit of luck because you need the new lads to settle quickly.

“Some do, some don’t, but some of the players I’m trying to sign have been there and done it all, I want one or two down that spine who can change the mentality.”

• Like 6

Gibson saying he's getting constant calls from Warnock even while he's on his Cornwall getaway there's no secrets with Warnock he is who he is with Pulis it was always something/someone else to blame why he was failing with Warnock I don't doubt he'll live and breathe Boro for the next year he'll pester every agent and player that's in his sights he'll pester Gibson to the point that I get the feeling us sitting around until deadline day because we're 'patient' somehow wont be happening in the next few months.

Promotion was the aim under Monk, the aim under Pulis and will be the aim under Warnock you don't pay the wage bill we pay or keep the players on the books we keep to target anything else.

• Like 1

Love the fact he says he's trying to sign players already and those that have been there and done it.

Compliment the youth with experience and we might be in for some fun.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Weird to hear something from Gibson again .. He hasn't been caught much on camera speaking, after that infamous Smash The League comment 😉

I believe Woodgate's era was the lowest we will ever get and from now on, we can somehow get better in all areas on and off the pitch!

you mean the comment that was twisted and taken completely out of context? can you blame him?

9 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Absolutely shameless plug for the airport in that article!

"The Boro boss has now jetted off to his Cornwall base from Teesside International Airport, taking full advantage of the new service to Newquay" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 7